Flickertail the llama & Paint the horse are peace keepers and peace lovers. They understand the value of teamwork, love, and friendship. They believe in helping others. Join them in the fun and antics as they solve various barnyard mysteries and help their friends find solutions to a variety of problems in this anthology of heartwarming and sometimes funny tales.
Suggestions for Classroom & Home School Use
• Each story contains at least one unfamiliar word to help expand vocabulary.
• Have the children guess what each monster is in Taffy’s Monsters.
• Learn history in the Horse Heroes of WWI, The Case of the Missing Shoes, and Scotland’s Battle of Bannockburn. The children might enjoy reenacting the battle too.
• Test math skills in Is She or Isn’t She.
• Explore Bolivia and its culture in Flickertail’s Llama Mama.
• Just like Flickertail & Paint, put on a play based on Agatha Christie’s Halloween Party.
• Have the children discuss what they might have done differently to help Flickertail’s and Paint’s friends.
The stories in Flickertail & Paint, Barnyard Sleuths are fun, interactive, and intriguing. The purpose of the book is to capture imagination and pique curiosity to encourage further research and exploration.