LT COL ANKITA SRIVASTAVA
NEW DELHI, India
ABOUT THE AUTHOUR
A courageous, bold, hardworking and dedicated lady who by her strong sense of discipline has always challenged her potential and have set varied targets for herself…so much so that she has been first of her kind in so many arenas of her life.
• From the city of Allahabad, the first lady to join the Indian Army in 1993.
• One of the first lady officers to have been posted to the wilds of 5 FOD, Bengdubi, Siliguri. She survived the toughest challenge of those days- proving to the nation that she was not a girl but an officer.
• First officer to have compiled ‘History of Cawnpore Club’ which was released on the centenary year celebrations in 1996 by Brig SB Yadav, then Commandant of COD Kanpur and Chairman of Cawnpore club.
• First lady Officer to have been posted to CI Ops under 2 Mountain Div.
• First and the only lady officer who put in efforts to salvage her batch- WSES (O)-3 from hanging boots after completing the service of just 10 years unlike the WSES(O)-1 and WSES(O)-2 thus becoming the proud pioneer batch of lady officers to have completed 14 long years in Olive Greens.
• After hanging her Boots, she undertook a 180 degree challenge and became the first of her kind when she won a beauty pageant hosted by Tanishq-one of the top Jeweler Brand in Indian market
• Next she became one of the first lady officers to have walked the ramp at Gladrags Mrs. India 2009 pageant and won the sub award of ‘Most Vivacious Woman’…..a journey not easy at all to move from Olive green to being a Beauty Queen.
• She then turned out to be the first lady security officer at State Bank of India Head Office, New Delhi when she joined the State bank of India.
• The first of her kind style being continued here too - she became the first lady security officer to have been awarded ‘SBI Excellence Award 2012’ by State Bank of India.
• She has successfully proved her mettle once again as the first Army lady officer with 14 years of service to have penned down her debut novel- ‘The Pink Scarecrow’
Published writer: Yes