Year of birth: 1957; Place of birth: St. Louis, Mo.
Educational background: BA, Vanderbilt University (Anthropology, 1979; M.A., University of Arizona (Anthropology), 1984; Ph.D., University of Wisconsin (Anthropology), 1991.
Archaeological Consultant in Arizona, 1992-2001.
Visiting Foreign Professor of American Studies, Tsukuba University, Japan, 2001-present.
Two novels published to date:
1. SHADOWS OF VENGEANCE(Pressitge Books, 2001). Contemporary archaeological thriller, 115,000 words.
2. STANDING HORSE DRAW(1st Books Library, 2001). Dark fantasy/horror, 98,000 words.
Current writing projects:
SHORT STORY COLLECTION --
1. A DEAD MAN DREAMING HE IS ALIVE-- collection of 14 dark fantasy and speculative fiction stories, 147,000 words, currently trying to sell to a speciality small-press publisher. Stories are completed.
1. MAKAI -- Screenplay based on SHADOWS OF VENGEANCE. Complete, seeking an agent for representation.
2. THE STORYTELLER -- Contemporary piece, original screenplay, in progress.
1. THE WAR OF THE ANGELS -- contmeporary archaeological thriller, second in series that began with Shadows of Vengeance, 149,000 words. Completed, seeking agent to market novel.
2. SCARECROW SEASON -- dark fantasy novel, in progress.
3. COLD RAVEN MOON -- dark fantasy novel, in progress.
4. TUCSON GOLGOTHA -- contemporary thriller, direct sequel to The War of the Angels, in progress.
Interests: Horror, contemporary thrillers, dark fantasy, literary fiction
Published writer: Yes