HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Tina Pepe

Re: Serious Writers Needed

Here's a question regarding Murray's Literary Agency -- hopefully Eunice Murray will answer.

In her writeup, she states the agency represents 30 clients. However, no record of her or her agency can be found on P& E and/or Agent Query.

To top it off, a researcher from Agentsearch.com stated they found no published record of sales in third party sources. Eunice, if you're out there, are you new to the literary agent business?

T

Roy Abrahams

"In her writeup, she (Ms Murray) states the agency represents 30 clients. However, no record of her or her agency can be found . . . "

Well, that along with everything else lends some troubling questions to this person's call for submissions. I'd suggest we all just forget the issue. Especially if we don't have the money to pay a chiropractor for evening up our legs.

Tina Pepe

I've posted this recent message in another discussion forum, where Eunice Murray/Murray Literary Agency started the thread. Thought you'd like to see it, too.
    I recieved another update from agentsearch.com in regard to literary agent, Eunice Murray/Murray Literary Agency (The woman who started this thread and others in these discussion forums). This is in reference to her ad on writers.net, claiming she represents 30 clients and has had 5 clients who were published in 10 years. Here you go....

"She can indeed 'represent' them. Does she sell their work to major royalty paying publishers is the issue. It is of that result that there is no public record in the usual places we look - the trade and general press in the US, UK, and Canada since 1980 and the Internet to-the-trade sites since their inception."

So, Eunice, what is going on here?!?!? We'd love to know!

I feel a bit guilty about resurrecting such an ancient thread, but Eunice Murray is still touting her services as a literary agent even though there's no proof that she has ever sold a book to a reputable publisher. And she's still asking a cost-covering $200.

I was unable to find evidence for the existence of most of the following books, all of which are claimed on Murray's site to be either published or forthcoming:

The Black Throne II Series, supposedly published in October 2012.

Minutes to Death by Lesile Bells, a "hard ball (sic) mystery" due to be published this year by Clarion Books Inc. It's in the wrong genre to have been accepted by either the Houghton Mifflin imprint Clarion or Clarion Publishing.

When the Clock Hit 12, I'll Be Back by Sonja James, another "hard ball" mystery, and the "gut retching" novel Pray For David are both forthcoming but Murray doesn't name the publishers.

The Spy of David by Elliot Goldenberg has apparently been accepted by Strategic Media Books, a POD that doesn't require an agent, doesn't offer advances and expects authors to sell their own books.

When I emailed Murray she claimed to be currently working with Vintage on a book entitled When the Sky Falls.

Murray's blog has to be read to be (dis)believed. Her November "meet up lunch with an agent...will consist of 5 to 6 people at a time", so if you're in the mood for a bit of cannibalism you know where to go!

http://murrayliteraryservice.blogspot.co.uk/
    Last edited by JuliaA; 11-08-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Nothing to feel guilty about. It's useful, helpful information and good to be reminded.

No reading fee is charged, but then what happens? Do you start charging once you give advice to the said writer?

Just stay away from Eunice Murray. Bad news. It's pretty obvious she doesn't know much about writing.