HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Eunice Murray

Re: Serious Writers Needed

All agency charge for office expenses, such as long distant calls, copying, and postgage, things like that.

Eunice Murray

No website, but you can email me with any questions, and I will answer you honestly.

Eunice Murray

Yes, writers are struggling which is why it's so important to find someone that will help you. As a writer, I had to go through the same things, getting rejection slips one after another. I learned the business, and now I help writers.

Eunice Murray

No, Comedy sales.

Eunice Murray

The Death of Lisa was based on a true case, but it has nothing to do with Marilyn Monroe. I can assure you it wasn't me.

Eunice Murray

Sorry Joe, I talk to a lot of people. Trust me, I got it right this time.

leslee

"All agency charge for office expenses, such as long distant calls, copying, and postgage, things like that."

Not true. Many agencies absorb these costs without charging the writer.

And particularly not for "postgage."*

*Sorry. I couldn't resist that typo.

Eunice Murray

When you first start a business, don't expect to make a lot of money, because it's not going to happen. Agents that start their own business are struggling just like writers looking for agents. We need writers just like writers need us. Don't forget when you sale your book, you will get an advance, but it could be small or it could be large. The point is that you are only going to get paid if your book sales, and I hope none of you have to get on food stamps. I'm comfortable.

Eunice Murray

I was an editor/mystery writer. I still love to write, so keep writing everyone.

Roy Abrahams

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm now thoroughly convinced this so-called agent left high school before she qualifed for a diploma. She has committed more grammatical and spelling errors here than you'll find in a year's offering of book reports written by students in a remedial class.

Besides all that, her many, disjointed postings have the coherency you'd expect to find in a tavern full of drunks.

Time to stop being taken.