HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Literary Journals--let's rank them

Hi writers,

I've been submitting to a few literary journals for the last couple of months. In my research I've complied a list of about 60, and I know this is just the tip of the iceberg. You have the famous, pie in the sky, journals like "Paris Review" and "Ploughshares". And you have some of the smaller, university pubs, and the newer online venues.

My question for the board is this: what are some of your favorite journals for reading and submitting?

Thanks!

Karen Dionne

Re: Literary Journals--let's rank them

Well, of course my favorite ones for submitting to just coindidentally are the ones that have accepted my work: Bathtub Gin, The Adirondack Review, and Thought Magazine. I've been trying to get into Rosebud for some time now (the editor's called my first story a "near-miss", and he's been sitting on a second for months - but - he's going to publish something I said about the mag in his winter "Letters to the Editor." Does that count? LOL!) Glimmer Train's a nice one, but hard to get into, in my experience anyway. I like to read it, though.