HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    tommy johnson

"Ghost in a jar"

Hi I am the one who started it all. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Ebay and type in #2931457201 and hit "search". My auction closed Thursday night and had over half a million hits. Since then, it has had another over 200 thousand hits. I look for it to top a million. This is the highest auction in Ebay history. "Ghost in a Jar" is all over national news, radio, and tv. I have been inundated with emails well over a thousand. I have had numerous offers for interviews with national radio and tv. I am being overwhelmed and I'm new at this and don't know really what to do. I did have enough to copyright and get a registered trademark on "Ghost in a jar" as there are numerous people trying to sell various items on ebay without my consent. What started as a simple auction with intent of trying to rid myself of the entity mushroomed! Can anyone please refer me to an agent, hopefully someone versed in both book rights and movie rights and possibly laws governing copyrights and trademarks. I've also been contacted by a movie studio in regards to selling the movie rights. I need help! Please direct all inquiries to teajay101@worldnet.att.net I will try to answer back as soon as possible after sorting through emails. Thank you.
    ~Tommy

Carolyn

Re: "Ghost in a jar"

What a creative and bold attempt to sell your item on ebay! Got to admit I took a look.

WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH WRITING?

SCAM SCAM SCAM
    SHAME SHAME SHAME

Carolyn

What a creative and bold attempt to sell your item on ebay! Got to admit I took a look.

WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH WRITING?

SCAM SCAM SCAM
    SHAME SHAME SHAME

tommy johnson

Just because you are a wannabe who cannot come up with an original idea yourself, don't bother posting to this again with anymore of your asinine rantings. This is a legitimate attempt to try to find an agent.

Lisa Werth

Ghost of a chance

You are trying in the wrong way.

Carolyn

Re: Ghost of a chance

Hey Tommy, your village called. They want their idiot back.

I can't see how you can sell a jar of stuff and claim it has literary merit.

If your "legitimate" attempt to try to find an agent is by posting on this board, then you need to go back and research what "legitimate" means. And while you are at it, look up "agent" too.

Honestly, your business concept looks pretty cool, but I see zero relevance to it having any literary merit nor would it even remotely interest an agent...It's a cheap plug on writers.net to get people to visit your ebay page. What more do you want from us here?

Jack Hinks

Keep at it, Tommy...

I don't know what part Writers.net plays in your convoluted scheme, but I'm glad you're here.

-- JH

Karen Dionne

Re: Keep at it, Tommy...

Am I missing something here? Granted, I didn't check out Tommy's item on ebay (those pesky revisions won't write themselves, you know), but isn't he just looking for advice on how to sell his story? If so, the keyword you want to use in a google search, Tommy, is "narrative non-fiction." A lot of agents specialize in it - it's some of the easiest writing to sell.

As for how to approach an agent, just go to the "Agents" page on this website and read all the articles and check out the links. That should tell you most of what you need to know.

Good luck -

Karen

Ames

Maybe what you need is a ghost writer, not an agent?

Sorry, couldn't help myself...[g]

Ames

Mr Seriosity

Is that a cake the jar is balancing on?