HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, I'm new.

Eelahne Ophry

Hello, I'm new.

Hi. I'm Eelahne. I believe in being completely direct. So if anyone should say something about me I'd have no problem with you saying it to me. Okay. I just want to make sure we're on the same page! Let's get started. Oh, wait. I looked over some messages on this board before writing and I pretty much like what I see. Now, I wouldn't mind some replies from Neal P., and Raikai. Thanks. I'm writing a piece on the tragic events of September 11th. I need some tips. I have everything, the impact, the surrounding, set, etc. Now, I'm from New York City and it made an impact on my life serverely. It made me cry and honestly I'm not a patriotic person at all. I doubt I ever will be. I just love New York and I think it's a shame what happened. Thanks for all the help.

Neal P.

Re: Hello, I'm new.

Eelahne, I appreciate being signaled out in such a wonderful way, but I am by far not one of the people you want advice from on this particular post. I think Kaz, Ann, Gary or Bob would be much better suited for writing questions. I am more of spiritual, ego or just plain old help someone out of a slump kind of guy. Writing skills, or suggestions outside my genre (sword and sorcery), is not my area of expertise. Heck, I am not even in the same ballpark as the four I mentioned on that subject... can you say little league? sure ya can.

Now if you want advice on how to emotionally deal with the information or people you may come across researching this subject, or just a shoulder to cry on, I am your guy...

Reminds me of an old Saturday Night Live skit:

Fiction, I know no Fiction. base-a-ball been berry berry goot to me.

Neal P.

P.S. Dont hesitate to e-mail me direct if you think there is something I can help you with. The link from my name is my main e-mail, and I will reply to any mail sent. just make sure to put in the subject line "writers.net" so I dont accidently delete it thinking it is junk mail.

Eelahne Ophry

Thanks Neal P. for the refferal and the warm welcome! I think I'm gonna use your advice. Thanks.

Simon Wheadon

I'm not one of the listed people but i thought i'd say hello anyway!
    Good luck in your writing - if you ever need any information et cetera about the UK or people here - i'd be happy to help (that goes to anyone else who reads this too)
    and thats about it really!

Simon W

Eelahne Ophry

Thanks Simon!! That's really nice of you, unlike some people on this board. It's no offense that your name isn't up there. It's just that alot of people don't really talk to the new people so I just listed 2 names that I briefly looked over. I just wanted to ask you what you thought of Raikai. Is she like mean all the time, nice all the time, stays to herself, what? I know this has nothing to dowith writing but I'd rather not stir up a conversation with someone that's going to bite my head off the first second I talk to them. Thanks.

Simon Wheadon

If she hasn't replied it maybe because she hasn't seen her name or read your message - or even been online
    but i dont know this person - don't take it to heart though - took no offence that my name wasn't there!!

Simon

Gary Kessler

Eelahne: I think you may not have received any substantive responses to your initial posting here because you didn't really posed a substantive question. "I need some tips" isn't really specific enough for someone to give specific help. The subject you want to write about is a powerful one and one of current interest, and your first-person experience could be a good source for a powerful story or essay on that topic. Perhaps you should start by just sitting down and writing something.

Eelahne Ophry

Well, Mr. Kessler. I didn't really ask a question. I simply gave an introduction, and asked for tips for a writing.

Raikai

Hi Eelahne Ophry. Well, it's nice to be...well, requested upon a new member of writers.net. Let's get started shall we? Okay, September eleventh was a tragic moment. Like yourself I am NOT a patriotic person. Never have I been and I never will be. I think you should write about the impact, the state. Speaking of the state I am from New York City. The Bronx. My home is there. My true home. It's still scary for alot of people. The scariest thing is that Bush is in office! No I'm joking. But, alot of people do actually say that if Clinton was in office this wouldn't have happened. I don't say that because I honestly think that this 9\11 thing was very meant to happen. But what you can really write about is how you saw 1 flag per year on someone's car and on someone's lawn and when this thing happened people look at you in a bad way because you don't have a flag on your car. Well, let me tell you something, I never have, never will and I refuse to put a flag on anything I own now. Bush should not be president. He has no proof of Osama Bin Laden commiting a crime on the US. Until you get hard evidence on this attack just like any other case that police officers hold in a police station, I say leave that man alone! I have alot of different views on this whole thing. I think I'd like to share them all with you. I'm going to make a new subject on this.

Neal P.

You know, if you bite your tongue hard enough, it bleeds. But the good part is, your in too much pain to say anything.

Man, am I having to bite REAL hard...

Neal P.