HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    glen ridgway

Author wanted for collaboration

I have an idea for a contemporary mass-killer thriller based around the Greek myth of Admetus and Alcestis.

I have the characters, the plot/stry line, the denoument and a cliffhanger of a final twist.

The story is themed on hopelessness and redemption - but unfortunately I lack any writing talent. I am looking for an Author to collaborate with.

Interested in hearing more?

Contact me

GlenR

Ria Sulinda Ahmad Zabri

Re: Author wanted for collaboration

Hi Glen,
    I have an itch to write (and I humbly assure you that talent and flair accompany that itch) but lack ideas for a story. I'd love to see how I can help with your story. Mail me? sulinda@bolt.com.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Chris

Hi Glen
    I hope your book goes well, it sounds very interesting. (I love Greek mythology). The reason I'm posting here is just to say 'be careful'. Im sure you're no fruitcake, but there are some very unscrupulous people out there who will gladly steal your idea and give you no credit. Maybe it would even be an idea to hire a gorilla and scare any potential authors ****less about the repercussions of nicking the idea before they embark upon the writing! Either way, protect your own interests, and find out all you can about the candidate before revealing anything to them about the idea.
    Once again, I hope it goes well.
    Good Luck!

Rich Archer

Author: Rich Archer
    Date: 12-30-00

Hi Glen,
    Just wanted to say Good luck, and maybe through some recommened reading your way, there's a book out by Joel Saltzman, titled: "If you can Talk, You can Write" it's pretty good inspiration and maybe a starting point in your journey, i feel your idea is yours and you would know it best on how you want the story told. Personally i would suggest that you keep your idea and after reading the book it might give you a better sense of direction on your own personal writing.

glen ridgway

Thanx for the advice

I have been trying to write this book for the last year. I have read a number of books on "how to be an Author/Writer" My problem is not the plot or character development it is the descriptive stuff.

Trying to describe seeing thousands of lupins swaying gently in an early morning breeze in the Peloponese mountains looking like an army of elves and faeris marching off to war is all very good but it doesn't fit into the 'feel' of the story - although it does show the early 'romantic' mindset of my Antagonist.

My problem seems to be too much information - I know what I want to say - I just don't know how to say it in the most effective manner. Hence the need for a collaboration

I hope this babbling makes some sense.

I need to do some more thinking

Regards

GlenR

Helen

Dear Glen,
    I agree with Rich - it's your story, you should write it. The 'lupins' example is not a problem - you've identified that it doesn't fit with the feel of the story, so don't put it in. Writing is about making choices and the best person to do that is the real author - you. Write your own story first, before you decide to ask for anyone else's help. You might even decide that it's fine as it is. Look at the writing of Booker Prize winner Pat Barker - it's not overly descriptive, but the effect on the reader is a strong one. Writing doesn't have to be full of description and imagery to be excellent. Have confidence! Good luck in finding your own voice,
    Helen.

Tamra

I am very interested in writing for someone who has the story idea. I am unpublished but seeking to enter the world of writing as I am disabled, and I write rather well. you can see some of my writing by visiting my site at:http://162.33.155.152/TBIsurvivor please keep in mind that it is under severe construction right now!
    I can write anything! If you would like to view more of my writing, e mail me @ sara112770@yahoo.com. I am currently seeking a career as a content writer. I also research what I write so to be thourough. I am usually good with words and spelling. I just don't come up with ideas very well....
    hope to hear from you.
    sincerly,
    Tamra

Tamra

I am very interested in writing for someone who has the story idea. I am unpublished but seeking to enter the world of writing as I am disabled, and I write rather well. you can see some of my writing by visiting my site at:http://162.33.155.152/TBIsurvivor please keep in mind that it is under severe construction right now!
    I can write anything! If you would like to view more of my writing, e mail me @ sara112770@yahoo.com. I am currently seeking a career as a content writer. I also research what I write so to be thourough. I am usually good with words and spelling. I just don't come up with ideas very well....
    hope to hear from you.
    sincerly,
    Tamra

Magda Jozsa

Suggest you write down everything to do with your plot. then read it through, if it has too much information, thin it, if not enough add to it. I would be wary about collaborating, after all, you may have the idea, but it will be the eventual writer that gets the credit, keep trying until you get it right. Ideas are the life blood of writers - they're precious.

PS: I love greek mythology too.

heather

Dear Tamara I have many good ideas I love to write and read