HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Topher Too

Agents requesting southern-based fiction

I've located two agents so far who specifically are looking for fiction based in the South (commercial/literary). Please let me know if you know of any agents that you've read are interested in Southern fiction.

Janice W-D

Re: Agents requesting southern-based fiction

I know of a couple but I'm not going to search through my files for contact info if they're the same ones you have already. What's their names?

Best,
    Janice

Topher Too

Thanks Janice.

The two were Wendy Sherman and someone from Sterling Lord (I'm at my office right now, don't remember which one at SLL.

Best back at ya,
    Topher

Janice W-D

Topher,

Some of my research's over a year old so read their websites carefully for changes. Neither of these two have a big footprint yet because they're newer agents.

Kate McKean with Howard Morhaim Literary Agency. She doesn't ask specifically for Southern but her bio said she was born, raised and educated in the South.
    http://morhaimliterary.com/agents.html

Bess Reed Currence with Regal Literary. Born and raised in the South and specifically asks for Southern.
    http://www.regal-literary.com/About.html

Best,
    Janice

Topher Too

Thanks Janice. I looked up both of them and queried McKean. Although Currence is still listed on Regal's website, I read elsewhere that she's recently quit. (Good information thanks to Mr. Google.)

I found another young agent at Levine Greenberg who is interested in southern fiction. If anyone else has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Topher