HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Joshie !

Curiosity compels me to post this

Is this a form rejection, or did he actually take the time to write this letter???

No real reason for me to post this because a no is a no. It just sparked my curiosity.

Thanks for your interest in our agency. Unfortunately you've caught me at a time when the demands of my current clients leave me with very little time to devote to developing new talent and unfortunately in this case I have to pass on the opportunity to pursue this. I'm being extremely, and likely unreasonably, picky so please seek many opinions since my decision may have little to do with the salability of your work.

and if I was this agent I would most definately remove the comma after unreasonably.

Joshie

Sarah H.

Re: Curiosity compels me to post this

It's a form. Forget about it.

Steven Labri

I would hate to think an agent would provide such a terribly written form letter response. This leads me to believe the agent replied personally. Even still, the word construction and lack of acknowledgment with use of common rules would lead me to another path.

And please learn to spell "definately".

Keith .

Personal rejections are overrated. A couple years ago I received a personal rejection from the assistant to one of the biggest in the business. Everyone here knows of this agent. Swear to God, the letter was complete gibberish. Not typos, I mean the guy couldn't put together a sentence.

Keep in mind a form reject doesn't mean s/he didn't read it. It just means the office is busy and yours didn't strike a chord.
    km

A.L. Sirois

Agents are not writers, though they may represent them. This response is saying "Thanks but no thanks." Submit elsewhere.

Diana W

It's a form. However, forms do not mean that the agent didn't take time to carefully consider your work. It just means they are too busy to send a personal response to a book that they don't plan to represent.

My agent recently started her agency (after leaving the agency she worked at for years). She told me that the week she launched her company, she received 400 queries--in ONE week. As her client, I would take issue if she started to personally respond to all 400 queries per week.

Number One

It's a form response.

I got the exact same one a few weeks ago . . .

D.C. Eastman

Afte an agint has anwsered around 250 queryss per day, they tendency to get prety punchy after nuumber 30. You muste forgave them there misteaks.

DCE

Wonky

I got a form rejection the other day that was about 3 pages long. Talk about hot air!

Keith .

Don't you love the form rejects that come along with info on purchasing the agent's latest get-published book?
    km