HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Michael Phillips

Critiques Welcome

Still hoping to find that one publisher who will put your book out to the masses? So, am I. I published 2,500 copies of mine and finally got them into so out of the way places, on consignment, and have sold most of them now, around 2,200 at last count. You can download the first 5 chapters of my ebook free from my website, www.line13publishing.com. I welcome your comments. You all have a great day! Raining here, good day to stay in and write.

Rogue Mutt

Re: Critiques Welcome

Ugh, how tacky.

Savannah Thorne

Michael, I did look at your site a couple of days ago, but was trying to refrain from comment. Since you've re-posted the same request over and over in many different forums here, I will simply say that I found the style inconsitent and the plot jumpy.

Michael Phillips

Thank you for your comments. All are appreciated

Michael Phillips

Sorry you feel I'm tacky... I just came here to get the most out of the site. Is that not the intention of everyone here?

Rogue Mutt

Sounds like you came here to plug yourself. My research has shown you have to integrate yourself into the group and then plug yourself if you want to get any hits.

Michael Phillips

I do find it interesting that you read my offering a couple of days ago, since the five chapter preview was only made available late yesterday. As for the postings, I have 4 in two areas of the dicussion. Are you sure you read my work? There is another Michael Phillips on here as well. Perhaps I missed something, but isn't what I'm doing here the sites intended use. If not, please enlighten me as to a better way to use it. I'm here to get the most out of it as I'm sure you are.

Michael Phillips

You bet I came here to plug myself and I believe that is the reason we are all here in a sense. My hope is to find a way to get my book out to the masses, something that is a struggle at best. Sorry if my using this site for my personal gain offends you, but it is advertised for that purpose. Have a great day!

Rogue Mutt

You bet I came here to plug myself and I believe that is the reason we are all here in a sense.

Um no, most of us are here to hone our writing skills and sales pitches so we can land legitimate agents and publishers, not self-publish.

Michael Phillips

And I hope to land a good agent or publisher as well. I believe I have stated that. I self published my book because I did not have an agent or publisher, still do not have either but I'm still looking for one. You mentioned honing your sales pitches, isn't that a way of plugging yourself? Again, I believe I am using the site as it is advertised, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion and criticisms. We both pay the same price to be here.