HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    * Chris

NY Creative Management

Does anyone have the scoop on NY Creative Management? The president of this agency, Jeff Schmidt, wanted to see my ms. A mental red flag is going up after I read this on their web page:

Please do not send SASE. NYCM will not return submissions. We highly recommend that you register your work with the Writers Guild of America or the Library of Congress Office of Copyrights before sending it to us. It's an easy way to put your claim to your work on record, and it protects you as a writer. Click here to find out how to register your manuscript.

So.... what do you think? My brain is telling me "Nope." Am I being too cautious?

Thanks. Happy New Year.

Mya Bell

Re: NY Creative Management

Here are some previous discussions on the agency:

<http://www.writers.net/forum/search.php?f=10&search=jeff+schmidt&match=1&date=0 &fldsubject=1&fldbody=1>

--- Mya Bell

* Chris

Thank you, Mya.

Stan Udal

Sounds like a load of bull**** to me. This should have been your first clue. You do not need to copyright your work. It is copyrighted the moment it is created--according to copyright legislation cera 1978. You, as a writer, should know this. If you know small things, you can spot these creaps without any help. Educate yourselves and you won't fall for the scam traps--people. Gosh. It's so simple and you are all like a bunch of lambs. It's so sad.

* Chris

Stan:

Your advice would be better served without the condescending tone. We are educating ourselves everyday in this business.

Happy New Year.