HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Richard Lewis

Re: Miss Snark's Identity Revealed!

It was late at night and I was out of sleuthing juice.

Besides, my dialup is soooo slow -- just to open this topic, log on and post this took about five minutes -- that's one reason why I sort of poke around on and sample posts on lists like this. It would take me all day and a heck of a phone bill to open everything.

Nicole Bailey

Brady,

It's just a matter of respect. If MissSnark wanted her identity known, she'd out herself. I wanted to know out of curiosity, but have no desire to 'out' her. What would be the purpose of that? It seems a bit mean-spirited to me.

Nic

Bardy Body

My point, Nicole, is that if you thought you knew her identity and yet had not intention of revealing your thoughts, then why bother coming on here and announcing that you think you know who she is?

Nicole Bailey

Why? Because that is what this thread is about, and the individual who started it had pegged the wrong person. That's why. Sorry if you don't approve, but I just don't think it's anyone's business to 'out' someone who wishes to be anonymous. And my point was that if someone wanted to know that badly, it is actually very easy to figure it out, and I explained how to do that.

Bardy Body

...someone who wishes to be anonymous...

...actually very easy to figure it out...

You nailed it, Nicole, almost as well as Iris did.

A Writer

Here's the bottom line:

She's blogging on the Net, which is read worldwide.

She has drawn a vast audience of mostly writers, who are deeply interested in what she has to say.

If she wanted to live in complete obscurity and anonymity, she would never have begun the blog.

As it is, she's out there, and anyone who wants to figure out who she is is free to do so.

It is in no way an affront or a disrespect to Miss Snark. She's dropped enough clues, anyway, so I don't think she is trying all that hard to remain a secret.

If anything, I think she's probably amused by the whole thing.

I like Miss Snark. I wouldn't want her to represent me, but I like her!