HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Stanley Tweedle

$5000 reading fee

I am curious what would happen if an agent charged $5000 or more for a reading fee. Would anyone pay that?

Joseph Stewart

Re: $5000 reading fee

I wouldn't pay a five-cent reading fee to any agent. And people should follow suit, because the fee-charging agent would soon become a thing of the past. The few people that would pay to be read, would submit garbage that wouldn't stand a chance anyway, and the fee-charging agent couldn't sell it, would have to survive on the fees, and eventually would starve to death.

Parker Lewis

I'm sure writers have paid five big ones, or more. Perhaps not for reading fees, but for publishing with a vanity press, sure, I'll bet people have paid a bomb for that sort of thing.
    Wanting to see your name in print does funny, desperate things to some.

Brian Libby

I don't think anyone who posts here would pay a $5,000 reading fee. Or $500.

If an author paid $5,000 to a vanity press, that would be at least understandable, in that he would then have a lot of books (in his garage). Not a good idea, but understandable. But a reading fee???

Brittie .

You're joking aren't you?

Denise .

I've been drinking for the first time in four months, and I have to say, Stanley Tweedle, you are weird and if you want to be taken seriously, you need to give up that tweety bird name. $5000. you start threads to cause disturbance. That's unheard of. Stop making a mockery of this site.

Eric George

I'll offer a $500 discount for anyone calling within the next ten minutes.

Terri D

hmm...maybe Stanley should start drinking before he posts.

Roy Abrahams

Tweedle . . . Dum

Joseph Stewart

Maybe Stan is thinking of becoming an agent, and seeing how many bites he could get.