HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Mondays

Leigh

I Hate Mondays

I was doing fine all weekend. No overwhelming compulsions to check my e-mail 50 thousand times for my favorite little subject line..."Re: Query". Actually felt like a normal person again. 9 a.m. rolls around and here I am again, every hour on the hour. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Leigh (still addicted)

Laura W

Re: I Hate Mondays

You only check your email once an hour? What's wrong with you?

It's a wonderfully rainy Monday morning and I'm going on 4 and a half hours of sleep. grumble grumble whine.

Shann E.

I've found that if I sit at my computer with my outlook express inbox opened, a little icon pops up in the corner of my screen when new email comes, plus I have the added bonus of having a window next to me so I can watch for the mail lady when I'm not watching for the icon. Isn't life grand? :-)

leslee

My email is depressing. A ton of offers to enlarge my penis, sell me prescription drugs, and nothing from any of the agents who are supposedly reading my book.

Somebody cheer me up!

leslee

I had no idea that WN would delete the anatomically correct word for the male sex organ, did you? I'm stunned. Apparently they think it's a dirty word!

Brittie

Shann E, Are you living in my house or what?

Wonky

I often find myself checking my telephone messages quite often, too.

Shann E.

Ha ha, Brittie...no, but it's nice to know we're not alone in our desperation, isn't it?
    Wow, Wonky...I wish I had your confidence. I hadn't even thought of waiting for a phone call....oh no.

Gibby

Let's see . . .

Rosalina was a very fine lass;
    She had a magnificent ass.
    Not rounded and pink
    as you possibly think--
    twas grey, had long ears, and ate grass

that should be attributed to someone but I don't have the name right here.

V.K Ratliff

Just to cheer everyone up: It only gets worse once you have an agent. I still check email obsessively--maybe a dozen times a day--to see if there's any correspondence from mine. And we haven't even submitted the book yet--I can only imagine, with considerable horror, what it will be like once the proposal is sent off to publishers.

This IS all worth it, right?

Ratliff