HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Wonky

Absolutely HILARIOUS new scammer

Someone asked about this below. I think we should make sure this is slammed as it should be. Please laugh, make fun of it, and insult it to the fullest!!!!

<http://authorsteam.com>

It's a "ghostwriting" service...and they claim they can get you "published" in 120 days! Har! They say hiring a ghostwriter is akin to getting published without doing a thing!

Their supposed publishing company, "10 Finger Press," only has one book listed on Amazon--their crappy book about hiring a ghostwriter.

Martha

Re: Absolutely HILARIOUS new scammer

thanks wonky

CarolO

"Our prices vary widely depending on the parameters of your project and the qualifications of the writer you hire. In general, however, you can expect to pay somewhere between $10,000 and $25,000 for a complete manuscript. A few of our best writers will cost a bit more. The cost for a book proposal (if you don't know what this is, click here) varies."

"Publishing a book starts at an additional $8,000 and depends on the number of books, the page count, the artwork, and the quality of the print materials you choose."

Vanity, thy name is Authorsteam!

Amber

Thank you Wonky for the first big laugh of the day. Whenever I'm down, I just need to click on this link. It's full of surprises!

Amber

Lynn

If I'd only known it was soooo easy! Why am I wasting my time using my imagination and typing my fingers till they blister? I'm gonna get me a ghostwriter.

Deejay

Hey, I want to be a ghostwriter! Maybe I'm good enough to charge more than $25,000 - what a way to make a living.

Deej

Ron

I notice that they "replace" your ghostwriter for free if you are unhappy. I have this vision of a fired ghostwriter, being blindfolded, and a cigarette put in his lips as he's read the sentence for bad ghostwriting. Any last words?

Wonky

I have a vision that all their ghostwriters are the same guy!

A Writer

So do I. I think we should post their email addresses in forums where the search engines can find those for sending them ads about products they need.

CarolO

Huh?