HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gerard's site

TK

Re: Gerard's site

<http://www.everyonewhosanyone.com/>

The site is great. All you need to really use it correctly is a little common sense, Google and P&E.

Boyd Coleman

nevermind, someone posted as I was asking ;-)>

Boyd Coleman

Thanks TK & insider!

SF Writer

I just ordered Ginny Good!

Can't wait til it gets here!
    I read the sample chapter and had to have more.
    Do it! You'll be glad you did!
    And he deserves it - ten years to write it and SEVEN to get it published. He's a model for all of us!

Gerard Jones

Re: I just ordered Ginny Good!

Look, all my little site does is simplify stuff by providing a convenient location for e-mail addresses and websites for a ton of people who call themselves literary agents, editors and publishers. Read the MobyLives thing about why I did it. I don't have any axes to grind. If you're worried about getting "scammed" there are two things you need to do: 1) In the case of an agent, don't pay anyone any money unless and until your work is sold, and 2) in the case of a publisher don't pay anyone any money ever. Good agents and publishers make their money from your work not from you. Those are simple rules. If you want to do things some other way, go for it. Live and learn. There are maybe thirty agents who represent 95% of all the books anyone's ever heard of or is ever gonna hear of other than by a gigantic stroke of blind luck. I don't know diddly about genre stuff. There's a 3 Seas place I stuck on my last page and she sells a ton of books but they're romance books and I don't care about romance books. There's a bunch of way better sites for specific genres than mine. Karenfox.com, I think it is, has tons of romance stuff. Those SFFA guys, or whatever they call themselves, with some snippy chick called Victoria, I think, do way more in depth stuff about SF/Fantasy, etc. than I'll ever want to do. If you hit it off with an agent and he or she doesn't charge you any money and has the requisite overwhelming enthusiasm for your work, that agent's gonna be better for you than anyone anywhere. G.

Gerard Jones

Re: I just ordered Ginny Good!

Hey, after y'all get an agent and get your books published here's a bunch of prizes you can win so people will read 'em 'cause people read what they get told to read. Book Prizes and Awards 2004 All agents, editors, publishers and book critics are scam artists and literary awards are just another of the tools they use. G.