HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gerard's site

Joe D.

Gerard's site

Hi:

Do I understand correctly that the agents on page 1 of Gerard's site would be better than the agents on page 2?

CarolO

Re: Gerard's site

Only in his opinion.

Spike W.

The page-1 agencies on the site look like "bigger-name" firms (e.g., more recognized, bigger sales figures--volume and per-book), on average, than those on subsequent pages, but that doesn't mean that they're "better" (Joe's word) for a given book than their peers.

Wonky

The best agents are always the ones most enthusiastic about your work.

emmaC

Hi,

Gerard's site is great and did give me a sense of who were the more major players in the industry but in terms of top choices, I think it all depends on what genre you write too. My top choice agency was on Gerard's page two, and remained so almost til the end, even though I had material out w/ agents on page one. My new top choice agency is still on his page two for different reasons.

I also found some really good agents to query on his page three (and maybe his four?--can't remember). There's also a link to agents who are good but who he doesn't have email addresses for and shouldn't be ignored.

leslee

And, by the way - Buy his book! It's the least we can do to repay him for the website. And it's good, too.

Rich L.

One caveat: I would not mention the fact that you got a particualr agent's name and/or email from this site. Gerard has alienated a significant number of agents.

Gibby

Yeah, what Wonky said.

industry insider

Be careful of this site. For one thing, it doesn't give enough information to really figure out if an agent is a good fit. For another, many bad agents are included (ditto for the publishers). Gerard's attitude is "anyone stupid enough to pay for an agent or a publisher is too stupid to write anything worth reading or writing anyway". That's a direct quote from his site--you can find it here:

http://everyonewhosanyone.com/press.html

Boyd Coleman

Okay, I'll be the newbie guinnea pig... what is the URL for Gerard's site?