HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Amber

Representation at last! ...wish me luck

I have an agent interested in representing me! Not a big agency, but she has good credentials (recent sales, no fees, etc.) This is a major step in the right direction, but it's definitely the RIGHT direction.

The plan is for me to work on some specific areas of improvement over the next weeks and get back to her with the revisions! Wow! I am trying to remain calm, as I still have other agents who have had partials for a long time and I'd love to hear from them too!

One thing I noticed about this agent is her knowledge and understanding of characterization and plot are phenomenal. I feel like I'm back in high school and I need to get this right for the teacher.

Amber

Simon G

Re: Representation at last! ...wish me luck

I can only imagine how you must be feeling.
    Congratulations!!

Francie Nolan

Oh Amber, that's fantastic! You seem really interested in making your story as strong as you can, and that's so good to see.

All the best to you. Congrats!!

Francie (who loves good news first thing in the morning!)

Jackie Kessler

Amber, mazel tov!!! That's terrific news! Good luck with the revisions, and congratulations on your new status: represented!!!

Best,
    Jackie

Claire

That's great news Amber!!! My agent worked with me on revisions before she officially signed me. It's absolutely wonderful to have an agent who is really involved editorially, especially if you and she are in sync. Congratulations!!!!!

Anya

Wonderful news, Amber! It's so great to have found an agent who is willing to work on revisions before submitting. Congratulations!!!! Sounds like a champagne night to me!

Terez

Big congrats to you!

Sassified

Excellent! Getting an agent is no easy task. You did it! Sounds like you've got a good one, too.

Heatherf

Good for you. I'd say that you're probably better off with a smaller agent that will work with you to make your manuscript the best it can be, than a biggie who really doesn't care. Good luck to you with your agent and your revisions.

Jane Forsman

Congratulations, Amber, and good luck! Hope your writing flourishes with this agent.

Jane