HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    A different Gary

P&E Agent Listings

Next to some listings on P&E there is a "$" sign, what does that mean?

Ed Poe

Re: P&E Agent Listings

I think the answer is somewhere here. We have had this discussion before, specifically about what RECOMMENDED means. Do a search for Dave Kuminsky (spelling?), the editor of P&E who posts here regularly.

--Ed

toni

you have to pay.

scribbler2

I don't know what that $ sign is there for - it can't be that the agent charges fees, because it says "charges fees, not recommended" in the description if that's the case. I admit I'm curious, because my agent has one of those signs by her name, and I know for a fact that she doesn't charge fees. She flies pretty low under the radar, and isn't listed on a lot of sites or books, and so was just recently listed on P&E, despite being in business and selling for several years.

scribbler2

Oh - I see. From the site - "$ - has one or more known sales to a legitimate royalty-paying publisher."

Dave, if you're reading, I have to say I find it hard to find everything I need over on that site - you really have to dig, sometimes.

Dave Kuzminski, Preditors and Editors

P&E is still evolving. I'll see what I can do to make the rating criteria more available since it's one of the newest pages. The criteria used to be scattered all over.

Ed Potter

You rock, Dave.
    Even with it's growing pains, P&E is an invaluable resource.

Lisa

Hi Dave,
    I sent you a post a while back on an agent charging money. The next day it was posted as not recommended. It's an important site. Thanks Lisa