HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jennifer Lawson Zepeda

Michael Steven Gregory

Wow! One of the nicest people I've dealt with in this industry! Today, he sent me a couple of emails that left me with an outstanding impression of his character and personality. Apparently, we have a few things in common, and the gentleman is not apologetic for his downfalls in life. In fact, we will be discussing the downfalls we had in common in what he says is our "hump towards our successful careers."

What a motivator a person like this is! I'm continually amazed by the graciousness and acceptance of successful people in the industry and how they receive virtual unknowns like me. The mentoring process is powerful and I hope if I ever reach the ability to mentor others, I maintain the high standards of successful people like this. Just when you expect the worst of criticism, you find a kind heart, an uplifting soul and the compassion of one who has been there. Now THAT is professionalism! I am reminded of the professionalism of my family, who mentored much the same and it all brings the richness of truly creative folks back to light and the reason we associate with one another.

I don't know if we will develop a business relationship, but I can say that it has indeed been an honor to deal with him. He is a caring person, extremely interested in developing a writer's career. I never expected such a delightful experience from a filmmaker and accomplished writer. If you ever have the opportunity to deal with this gentleman, you will walk away enriched!

Maggie Dana

Re: Michael Steven Gregory

OK, I'll bite. Who is he?

Jennifer Lawson Zepeda

Look him up....he's an independent filmmaker in San Diego and he's and incredibly polite and professionally polished man to deal with. Do a search on him to learn more.

Colleen

You are such a snot.

Marlene

Ditto to what Colleen says. If only Jennifer were as "nice" as the person she's ranting on and on about. And what, may I ask, does this have to do with literary agents???

Jennifer Lawson Zepeda

You people have ISSUES! Meow!

Jack Hinks

Michael Steven Gregory may be the next Mr. Montebello.

Watch out.

-- JH

Ambrose McPherson

Self-absorbed people feed on praise, Jennifer. The quicker you realize this, the more literary development you will attain and the less money you will lose. Listen only to the whisperings in your blood -- not the lavish licking sounds of hucksters.

Jennifer Lawson Zepeda

Ambrose,

Interesting philosophy. I agree somewhat, although I don't feel that Literary development only involves criticism. Sometimes it also involves explaining the elements of writing which succeed as well. Without understanding the merits of both, you won't utilize either for effectivity to develop as a writer.

Thus far, the gentleman and I do not have a contractual relationship, and he has passed my manuscript on to Stefanie Van Borstel for review, and possible representation as an agent. However, I do know that he has presented himself in a credible and professional manner and it's a delight to deal with people such as this for a change. It's like a breath of fresh air in the world of writing, where everyone else appears to be feeding on arrogance.

Jennifer Lawson Zepeda

Jack,

I'm not familiar with Mr. Montebello. I did a search on him and came up with nothing. I'm supposing he was a scam artist. I can assure you that I approach all my business relationships with one eye open, but when you run across a genuinely nice person...I think it's nice to give credit where credit is due.