HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Brady Boyd

Re: New Life Form?

I haven't had anybody make fun of my name since early high school. Well, to my face or cyber-face, that is. What's that tell you about Neil? Must be young? I'm thinking so. (puts on spectacles) Ahhh, those were the days, yes indeedy. Why I remember back in my day....

Brady Boyd

shoat

Wasn't Monica's middle name Neil?

Brady Boyd

Who dat?

Pretty Boid

Liz

If it's a new life form, it's one I want to keep on the planet. Anyone who can answer such a childish attack with Brady-Boyd-esque grace and humor is okay in my book. See? Now it's an adjective.

Brady Boyd

I laugh more at myself than at others. I'm a very funny guy, and so is my name. Personal attacks general just get a giggle out of me. )

Brady Boyd

Becky

Brady,

I love the name; I'd like to steal it, actually, but I won't. Nice job on your reply....although you could have said "sticks and stones" and all that.

becky

Brady Boyd

Na, he give me great sport.

Brady Boyd

SUZANNE

I love it when someone who is a complete stranger acts like a complete chipmunk and slams me to the ground for asking questions.

Did it ever occur to you whatever your fake name is, that I am new to this, needed guidance, assistance and help from people that I figured has knowledge on this subject matter? Did it ever occur to you that you are complete condensending and that individuals like you should be ashamed of themselves for even making such a nasty post to someone who is seeking assistance?

Obviously not. Maturity seems not to be in your vocabulary, nor does it seem to be in your tone of able conversation in a rational manner.

Maggie, thank you for your stepping up for me, it is most appreciated.

God, how horrific it is to have someone like this individual even write on this site.

Suzanne

Brady Boyd

Suzanne: Rest assured the rest of us aren't like that. Some of us goof up and say something insulting, but realize our mistake and apologize. You won't get that from Neil, I'm afraid. Do a search for posts by him in all the forums and you'll see his only purpose is to put others down. I feel sorry for him, because people like that usually are very down on themselves. Maybe he needs a hug. Bear that in mind next time he tries to make you feel smaller than him, see a sad man at the other end of the board, and move on to the next post.

Brady Boyd

Jim Barber

I'm new to this board, having only stumbled on it a couple days ago, but did it occur to anyone that Neil might have been just poking you, with a smile on his face? Get angry with me if you wish, Brady, but when I first read his post about your name, I laughed out loud. I've had a lot of name poking too, with my last name being ready made for barber shop jokes, and so on, and I eventually learned to laugh it off. You handled this well and saw the humor in it, to your credit.
    Suzanne: You, on the other hand, take yourself pretty seriously. There is something to be said for doing your own research, and there is reams of archival posts here with which to bring yourself up to speed on answers, questions and opinions that have been posted here in the past. I've been trying to read as many as possible to shore up my background knowledge and you'd well to do the same. Lighten up, dear.