HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Suzanne

RIC SLIGO AGENCY-ERIC BOLLINGER, AGENT

Has anyone heard of this Agent? He has sent me emails requesting information and the like. With so many scam artists out there (smile!), I just want to know if anyone has had any communication, positive or negative about this Agency. I appreciate your help!

Suzanne

scribbler2

Re: RIC SLIGO AGENCY-ERIC BOLLINGER, AGENT

This is a well-known fee-charging agency. And Suzanne, regarding your other post and this one - are these people contacting you without you first querying them? If so, then you can be sure these are all fee-chargers or scam artists.

It sounds as if you need to do more research prior to contacting agents, if you have queried them prior to these emails.

marie_ohmy

sligo

eeek! this agency was the reason i learned what NOT to look for in representation. don\\\'t go near this one.

xxm

Brady Boyd

Re: sligo

Just the name SLIGO is enough to scare me away. Reminds me of Sluggo, arch-nemesis of Mr. Bill.

Brady Boyd

Neil

Suzanne

Much of what you ask is information that's available without your constantly asking other people to do your digging for you.

Maggie Dana

Neil

Just because Suzanne asked a legitimate question about this agency is no reason to slag her off. Nic.h answered her multiple questions with good humor and grace on Suzanne's other thread. She's probably a newbie at this 'finding an agent' business, just like we all were at some point in time.

Suzanne . . . here's another website that might be of help:

http://www.speculations.com/

then click on the Rumor Mill and go from there.

Just be aware that any agent who comes looking for you, offering the moon and charging fees, is someone to run way from. FAST.

Good luck.

Maggie

Brady Boyd

Re: Neil

Dang, I missed yet another Neil condensation. He's got them all over the place!

Brady Boyd

Neil

New Life Form?

And what exactly is a "Brady Boyd?"
    Is it simply slang, as in the equivalent of "chirpy bird," pronounced as "choipy boid?"
    Is it perhaps one of those cloistered off tribes in Botswana or New Guinea that we occasionally hear about, the ones that still use stone impliments and mutilate their young women?
    Perhaps it's an inside joke by a clique in the armed forces. Instead of acknowledging an order by saying "yes, sir," or "aye, aye, captain," they simply salute and say "Brady Boyd!"
    Then again, a "Brady Boyd," may be a new labor saving device in the home, a new sort of vacuum cleaning system, or perhaps a new cable tv network.
    Whatever the case, I can hardly imagine anyone being burdened with such a laughable handle, so I can only assume you're hiding behind a fake "name."

Brady Boyd

Re: New Life Form?

Funny. Nope, it's really my name. Brings back memories of high school when on the first day of class, the teacher did roll by having us say our names. I said mine and his brows shot up. "Pretty boy?" The nickname stuck.

Brady Boyd

Karen Dionne

Re: New Life Form?

I named my youngest daughter "Deanna." "Deanna Dionne" has such a nice, alliterative cadence to it, I thought - much as Mr. and Mrs. Boyd must have believed when they named their son Brady xxx number of years ago. Although with all those 'N's' and repetitive vowels in her name, poor Deanna didn't learn to spell it correctly until she was eight, and confesses that even now at age 14, she sometimes gets it tangled! LOL! I suppose that means we really didn't do her any favors when we made her middle name "Lynn." :-)

Karen