HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    megan raphaelle

$20,000 Consultant (Just to say thanks!)

Just wanted to say thanks to:
    Jerry, Karen, Scribbler, Bob - even Gary *s*
    You all seemed very sincere in your suggestions, and I've taken it to heart - whether I've agreed with all of it or not.

Based on your input, I've decided to contact literary agents myself rather than going through a consultant.

But, in all fairness to the consultant, I still have no good reason to believe he was scamming me. I know what top-level consultants in every field of endeavor charge. And, at $300/hr one could spend $2400 just to have such a consultant spend a day reading one's book and making preliminary notations.

Special thanks to Jerry and Karen,
    Meg

Jerry Hatchett

Re: $20,000 Consultant (Just to say thanks!)

Most welcome, Meg. Best of luck and I hope you'll keep us posted periodically on progress.

Jerry

Karen Dionne

Hey, Megan -

I'm glad you're 'real' after all! :-) And I'm *really* glad you decided to skip the consultant. Do let us know how it turns out for you, and if you have any other questions along the way, don't be afraid to ask. There's a wealth of collective wisdom on this site!

Best,

Karen

scribbler 2

You're welcome, and good luck. Do keep us posted, and don't be afraid to ask questions, even though sometimes we roll our eyes a bit before answering. But we're really good people.