HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussionWritersNet Email
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Bill Viers

Western literary agent

Seeking literary agent that will work with new authors of western genre fiction. I have a completed mss. Ideal publisher is in the Jove Book category dealing with the western that contains conflict, action/adventure, romance and adult themes.

Agent must be a member of a reputable literary association, does not charge reading or other associated editing fees, understands western writing and has connections with western book publisher editors.

I am easy to work with, can take criticsm and flexible. My mss. has been edited fifteen times. Synopsis and three chapters available for review.

Book audience is in the pocket book western adult and romance categories.

Recommendations welcome.

THANK YOU.

brendan

Re: Western literary agent

why don't you find out who the authors are and go contact them! Or contact Jove and ask them who represents this author or that!

Bill Viers

Thanks Bendan,

A few of the authors of a specific series printed by Jove Books are not well known outside their specialty. I've done some research on Jove Books to find an editor to write to specifically to get the information, but most of the marketing sources I have looked at have not been very helpful. I have considered writing to an editor in the Penguin Group to see if they could provide me with a specific Jove Book editor to address my inquiry to.

THANK YOU.

Bill

brendan

Why don't you just call them or do a web search?

Ralph Van Doren

Bill: Excuse Brendan, and others who may answer this, including myself, if we sound testy. Your post sounds like a shopping list but the rest of us here are writers too, looking to launch or advance our own writing careers. We are not agents or editors. You'll have to do this sort of digging on your own, using the various websites and reference books that are available.
    Also, when you say your book has "been edited fifteen times," I wonder what that means. Are you referring to it being worked on by a professional editor? I also wonder if there's something so flawed in the book that would require it to be edited that many times.

brendan

Bill, my point is that if you call up the editors at Jove, they might end up being easy to talk to. Agents are apparently a total pain, but the editors, well who knows? If its a disaster, they won't remember you five minutes later.

I'd be interested to hear how it turns out, since we've had several people ask about selling western fiction. Anyway good luck.