HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    John Ringo

Seeking and choosing an agent

Have a completed combat science fiction novel ready for submission. Part of a six book series. Have 40k words of the second completed and outline for the other 4 (two trilogies set decades apart). Would prefer an agent but am about to submit to Baen (10/3/98). Series will appeal to readers of D. Drake, S. Stirling, J. Pournelle, and D. Weber Serious inquiries only.

S.G. Dietz

I have a story with a TRIPLE TWIST!!! That is correct. Not just three seperate twists, but a twist, that gets twisted again, and then again. It must be read to be believed, for it is the ultimate in intensity. I am currently looking for an agent, or production house. If interested please E-mail Wildworks1@Yahoo.com or 410.239.1983

Debbie Ulrich

Since I am new to this business I was wondering if you could help me. I am in the process of completing a manuscript entitled The Momentous Journey: The Paths A Mother Traveled To Eradicate An Attention Deficit Disorder And Manic-Depressive Illness. The manuscript is not like anything else I have seen on the market. It is an autobiography that describes what it was like to have my son (and ultimately myself!) diagnosed. I almost died on the medications and my son was extremely well medicated (as so many children are nowdays). The story explains how a better solution was found to deal with the problems we both suffered from. The manuscript contains a lot of alternative medicinal information, some poems, and a lot of passion. I didn’t actually write it to be published. I wrote it for therapeutic benefit! So many of the doctors who have read it have suggested I publish it, I thought it would be something I should check into. Thanks.

Kat Albrecht

In 1997, I was approached by a movie producer who heard about my life story and said he wanted to pitch my story to Columbia Pictures. He said my first step was to get my autobiography published. Needless to say, he vanished but the manuscript is 1/2 way complete. My story (and what I do) is very unique and was even filmed by two different production companies (will air on PBS, Animal Planet & CBC in Canada later this year). Because the media seems attracted to my story, I do believe that it will "sell" and that it has potential to be pitched to Hollywood. I have a question about agents. Do I shop for ANY literary agent, or do I need one that specializes in Hollywood connections? Any info that would help educate me would be appreciated. I am not really looking to "pitch" the story or to find an agent yet. I am too busy working on the manuscript to have to stop and prepare a proper book proposal. Advice can be emailed to me at kat@lostpetrescue.com. Thanks!

Miquela Rivera

I am seeking an agent to help me syndicate a newspaper column which I have successfully written for 14 years. Please let me know if you are interested and experienced in syndication. Miquela Rivera, Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Kristina David

My name is Kristina David. For the past year I've been looking for a publisher to publish five of my children stories (poetry/rhyming genre). Each publisher I've sent to has rejected me because of two reasons: didn't fit in with their present publishing program and/or they could not accept unsolicited material without an agent. So this brings me to say that I'm in search of a literary agent. Since I'm on a very tight budget, I don't know how much money I will be able to pay if there are any agent fees, but if need be I will try to find a way to pay. Thank you, Kristina David

william meller

I wish to query gents with an interest in senior citizens. My n f ms, The Widowers Handbook is a bit more lively than the usual how to.for seniors.

Dimiter Nachev

I have been ready with my new vanguard book, pocket size, maybe gift book, of reflexions-maxims-fables-sayings (500)in a special order, meant to widen the reader's mind faculties, fantasy and inner knowledge.It is partly available at the first part of my site: www.uni-svishtov.bg/usr/vency I wish to have it published. I have been interested to find my editor or literary agent to be offered some help, as I offer for first time a book of mine for printing out of my state. Another (first) book of mine was published last year. I have been preparing my next four books of the kind being of still increasing intellectual levels. Name&Address: Mr. Dimiter Nachev, 15 Divna str., Plovdiv 4002, Bulgaria. E-mail: dnachev_bg@yahoo.com Thank you, Dimiter Nachev /'Nutshell'/

George Pulliam

I've written a self deprecating short story about a U2 concert, a bottle of pop, and racism. It's funnier than reading "I'm a sucker so screw me stories" on writersnet. If you have the publication vocation, contact me at georgeblueiv@yahoo.com

ANTHONY PAOLUCCI

Re: Seeking and choosing an agent

I'VE NEVER SUBMITTED ANYTHING TO AN AGENT BEFORE. MY PRESENT WORK CURRENTLY EXISTS IN THE FORM OF A BOOK PUBLISHED THROUGH AN ONLINE PUBLISHER, BUT I'D LIKE TO FIND AN AGENT WHO HANDLES FANTASY NOVELS, SO THEY MIGHT PITCH IT TO A BIGGER COMPANY. WHERE DO I BEGIN? DO I FIRST SUBMIT A QUERY LETTER AND NOTHING ELSE TO THE AGENT, THEN WAIT TO SEE IF HE WANTS TO READ A SAMPLE OF THE WORK? WHAT ARE THE TYPICAL CONTENTS OF A QUERY PACKAGE, AND IS IT SOMETHING THE AGENT EXPECTS TO RECEIVE IN A SPECIFIC FORMAT? PERHAPS A LIST OF THE BASIC STEPS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF SUBMITTING TO AN AGENT? ANY HELP AT ALL WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.