HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Susan Israel

Positive Agency experiences

This editing wouldn't be by EDIT INK, would it? (cough! cough!)

Shirley Prather

Has anyone had any dealing with the Mark Sullivan Associates?

leigh streeter

I had a very miserable experience with The Lawrence Jordan Literary Agency in New York, and now I'm desperately trying to stay away from such fiascos. My manuscript has been professionally edited twice (by the same great editor), and now I feel (and so does my editor) that the manuscript is ready for another shot at the agent game. Can anyone recommend an agent for a literary piece that is, in a nutshell, a portrait of friendship between two women (one mentally unstable) set in the south in 1961? Feel free to e-mail me at vaury@yahoo.com and/or post your message on this board. Thanks...and good luck to all my fellow writers out there.

Tracy Dobson

Does anyone know of any reputable agents in England? My manuscript is a childrens book, which hopefully could run to several stories. I heard that getting a good agent is the only way to go, but i have to say after reading the horror stories on writers net i feel a bit defeated before i even start! Any help really would be appreciated.

Karen Gentry

I would like to have any information concerning Gail Grimard with SUNSHINE LITERARY AGENCY. She just offered a 6-months contract on my novel with a handling fee of $140.00. Send email to KGentry@Bellsouth.net

k sprinkle

Several agents worth their salt in the fiction arena: <b>John Hawkins and Associates, Inc.</b>: (For fiction, I recommend addressing query to Annie Hawkins) 71 West 23d Street, Suite 1600 New York, NY 10010 <b>Jane Dystel Literary Management</b>: http://www.dystel.com - gave a good presentation at a local writer's conference <b>Mauro Salvi (in Italy)</b> -- salvi@tigullio.net (says he charges a hundred up front but never charged me. Write and ASK if you can send him a query. Likes work that is more European than American style writing and loves good screenplays) One-year contract. <b>Jean V Naggar</b> (she handled Jean Auel's books a long time ago). Nice woman. Very British. I met her while Auel was on tour years ago. Not sure if she is accepting new clients, but try it. Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency: a literary agency. Contact at: 216 East 75th Street, Suite 1E, New York, NY 10021 <b>Kats Paw</b> lit agency seems good. Turned me down, but good advice. Natalie Essary. She just moved to Austin, Texas from Boston. She gave me this advice: <i>"Your novel needs to be finished. An unfinished novel by an unknown writer is a red flag to editors and an automatic death in the slush pile. (Nonfiction is a whole different story. Here, you're allowed to sell your idea on its merits alone.) The average length for fiction is 85,000--110,000, so you're almost there. Finish it and polish it until you can't stand to look at it any longer and every word is there for a reason--that's the best advice I can give to put you somewhere above the millions of other submissions. Once you have a successful sale and an established reputation, then the whole game will change for you. Then you can be like Stephen King and sell an idea for billions that happened to cross your thoughts over coffee that morning."</i> katspaw@mail.com -- send her a query, but check out her web page, first (do a search on raging.com or altavista for the page) <b>Jim Donovan</b> Literary Agency: a literary agency. Contact at: 6343 Richmond Ave., Suite 4 Dallas, TX 75214 (check out his nonfiction. Used to work for Taylors and is very hardworking and energetic) I met him. Very interesting person. <b>Roslyn Targ Literary Agency</b>: a literary agency. Contact at: 105 West 13th St., Suite 15E New York, NY 10011 Gave a good presentation at writer's conference. <b>William Morris</b> As old as the hills, but recommended for high concept fiction. If you give good query/submission, your book/proposal/query will most likely be read. If you have conflicting experiences with these sources, be sure to let me know at this address: kristi@bga.com

k sprinkle

re: bolding. um, sorry about that. Forgot me html end-tags. kristi@bga.com

k sprinkle

Since last posting, I've found out that Jean Naggar's agency is no longer accepting new clients. Another good one bites the dust...

Dilara Hafiz

Re: Positive Agency experiences

What was the feedback about Authentic Creations Literary Agency? Anyone find out what their Barnes & Noble affilitation really means?