HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kelly Robinson

Positive Agency experiences

I sent my work to the Christina Arenson Agency in New York. Although they rejected me, they did so with class and compassion. They wrote "Unfortunately, although I liked it, I just didn’t fall in love with it. And because of this, I think you would be best suited to another agent." I was disappointed that they didn't accept me, but they seemed to be first class all the way.

Reed Candice

I have just completed my first novel. Not knowing who to send it to, I decided to pick someone who had published authors that I respected.I chose the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency. I sent a query and it was answered in less than two days. She wanted to see my work! I just sent it off last week, so wish me luck. I won't be easily discouraged.

Sandra Fisher

I am looking for a literary agent with a little imagination because the book I have written does not conform to any one genre. I can at best describe it as a combination of natural philosophy combined with poetry about evolution and the nature of people. Anyone interested please contact me at:- sandline@iafrica.com

Susan Schiffrin

Has anyone had any contact with AAA Literary Agency of San Diego? Would like some feedback...Thanks

Susan Schiffrin

Has anyone had any contact with AAA Literary Agency of San Diego? Would like some feedback...Thanks

Louisa James

AAA is just a marketing company posing as an agency. They are set up as a very slick operation that charges money up front. They can't even keep their mail straight-- first they offer to rep you then they send you a letter saying your work needs editing (Ah! Edit Ink- watch out!) before they'll rep you.

Dave Beemon

Susan, Please refer to the Agents Fees posting under Lit. Agents in this forum. AAA is Mark Maine's agency. But let's get back to the original topic of this section, which is "good agents."

Kim Bicknell

Be careful about sending the first three chapters with sase, to any agent. I sent out five at a cost of six dollars each. I only got one back, I think the others took the stamps off the sase and used them. Instead, send only a query letter, it's much cheaper. I am not having any luck finding an agent who even wants to know what my book is about. Most of the query's I have sent in the last two months have been returned, agent has moved or gone out of business. If anyone can help me please e-mail me at kbicknell@hotmail.com K Bicknell

Louisa James

Did you send out these chapters without the agents having asked for them first? Never send out any material until you have first queried and they have asked to see it. Otherwise, you are wasting time and money.

Charles Lamkin

Kim: I had the same experience with my first round of queries. Being a rank rookie, I didn't realize that even initial queries require SASE, plus, I discovered later that I was using a reference that was out of date. Suggest you acquire a current copy of Jeff Herman's "Writers's Guide to Book Editors, Publishers and Literary Agents," 1997-98 Prima Publishing. Very good and comprehensive. Check with www.primapublishing.com for more poop.