HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
    AP

Poem sbmission format question

Greetings,

If you will indulge a couple of basic question please?

I put this on a different board (Published Writers), but must have been the wrong one...no opinions offered.

When submitting poems, is it better to have a single column page, or is a two column page acceptable? Mainly for the longer ones that run two pages. If goes three pages, I would just a one column format. Jut wondered if it is more convenient for the editor to critique and might not distract as readily.

Also, if anyone would share an editors opinion it will be appreciated!

Thank you for you time and comments

AP

The Raven-Haired Girl

Re: Poem sbmission format question

I'm not really one for poetry, but thankfully my parents are! From what I've seen, the layout can be presented in any format you see fit. If you want a wallpaper in the background, then put one in. If you want alternative alignments, then go for it! It's your work, so do as you see fit.

But I do think, however, you should seek more opinions before you send off your work.

All the best!

Raven

AP

Re: Just hoping for a look

Thank you Raven! Trying to get my little words looked at by an editor with a serious eye and knowledge of poetry, so wanted to figure out best approach so they wont be religated to the slush pile or rejection bin without being read...

AP

D. Gart

One per page. Nothing fancy. The words are what matter.

AP

Thank you Gart...that is what I needed to find out!

AP