HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    D K

Re: WARNING ABOUT DAMNATION BOOKS/ETERNAL PRESS

WD,

I'd go back one step further and do some homework on the prospective publisher before even submitting. Either Alex didn't do this or was willing to accept the risk. Either way he's to blame.

DK

W.D. Blair

DK

Yes, and yes. Although in all fairness, there wasn't any bad rep on this publisher back in December when Alex signed. Remember, they'd only been in business for three months at that time. I do agree though, that their website should have set off warning flags.

Martian

This looks like a Publish America wannabe, without the cash, or the legal savvy.

Martian

Alex's new cover isn't much of an improvement on the old one. In fact, I think it looks worse.

<http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-berserk/10639403>

Libor Soural

Lol. I just hope, and I pray, you already know Im a priest of whatever church, that you finally dig the sublime message of the 36 volume Sixth Gospel, why I would never go with any publisher or an agent, unless, well, you figure how much I want, and this time it is not 666. Though my 37th volume, the hardcore epic sequel to "The Phoenix Stardom Of Snowwhite Lady Gaga - Or My Secret Vault Relationship With Her", a semi-platonic walk in the dark clouds, entitled "LG Versus LS - The Cosmic Mutants At It" is in post production, and I already take preorders, having created a pre-paid customer database. Im "only" 36. My 38th volume, having a working title "Wielding Endtime Divine, Scythed", must be out long before 2012. Knowing myself, well, you figure it all yourselves.

L C

That pink cover has an "I Dream of Jeannie" vibe about it ...

Anyhow, anyone who goes with one of these worthless little presses and then whines about it should be banned from the board in a large, public ceremony.

W.D. Blair

LC

The pink cover is absolute crap. And I agree with you about the worthless little presses. They're usually started by failed authors looking for a forum to publish their own rubbish. I still feel sorry for Alex though. His book is dead.

L C

<< And I agree with you about the worthless little presses. They're usually started by failed authors looking for a forum to publish their own rubbish >>

I think it's called "Publisher: The Role Playing Game."

W.D. Blair

"I think it's called "Publisher: The Role Playing Game." "

Right. And anyone can be that kind of "publisher." All you need is a website. I could rustle one up in an hour, and declare myself open for submissions. By the look of the Damnation website, it was thrown together in an even shorter time. It screams amateur.

L C

The fat lady probably DID throw it up in an hour, after drinking both those beers.