HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Jack Scoltock

e-books sold more on amazon than paper books

Just had word that more e-books were sold by Amazon on Christmas Day than Paper books. Probably down to the Kindle.
    Happy New year everyone.
    Jack

Shelley Stout

Re: e-books sold more on amazon than paper books

I believe it. My novel has sold more on Kindle than paperback.

Gary Kessler

Interesting. The e-book sales stats I saw for December were down. I assumed that meant e-books were mostly being bought for personal use, and so they weren't really on the gifting lists. Maybe on Christmas day, people were cashing in on gift-card money to buy e-books for themselves.

Grant Costello

Truthfully, I am loving the idea of ebooks and the kindle (or other ebook readers with e-ink screens). One day perhaps, ebooks can become more like dvds in the sense of special features and added extras. Imagine personal comments from the author regarding certain chapters, or even ideas and concept drawings. Similarities can be drawn between the transition from VHS to DVD. Kids going to school one day might have one simple device containing all their textbooks, and an inbuilt homework feature which teachers can easily check and monitor.

The potential...

Grant.

Gary Kessler

Yep, Grant. There's no reason why it couldn't be happening now more widely than it is. One of the academic presses I work with has had a digital division for a good four years now and is doing all that you mention.

Grant Costello

Nice, I hear that they are working on colour e-ink screens too (probably for more crisp front cover art on the devices). The only thing that needs to happen now I think is more advertising, as so many people still have no idea that the ebook readers exist.

Robert Fantina

I'm pleased to hear all this. My first novel has just been accepted by an epublisher.

Tim Hooper

Congratulations Robert! That's great news! Where is your eBook available at?