HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Gary Kessler

Re: Readers Favorite

Don, you seem to be the one confused. Steve's facts pretty much correspond with mine. Gresham is holding 750 copies of the first 5,000-copy run on Kill, so naturally it hasn't sold out. Some of the rest of what Steve posts is a bit hazy, but could match, if more precisely worded. The movie rights to Kill were bought by Parmount when Doubleday leaked that it was buying The Firm and publishing it as a best-seller package. The republication of Kill as a best-seller came after that.

Alfred and Emily Glossbrenner, About the Author (Harcourt, 2000).

stevenlabree

"Some of the rest of what Steve posts is a bit hazy, but could match, if more precisely worded"

I don't need you editing my post and I'll take the high road on this comment and take for granted that it's your erratic method of dealing with people, and assuming you are one of those types that, regardless of how you say it, you sound rude and inconsiderate. Some people are just like that. Usually, you give good advice, and you should stay in that arena. Most of the time, with debates, you remind me of those old men whose testosterone levels have fallen below the poverty line. I have no doubt that you're a good editor, and probably a good writer, but you're really not very adept with verbal sparring.

My point was to let all of you know you can read the comments in Grisham's book, online, and quit bitching a moot point.

Gary Kessler

I don't have to read Grisham's book, Steve. I could just ask him at one of the programs he does here in Charlottesville. And he's asked and answers this question frequently--just as I have reported it on this forum. I'll take what he says live over whatever is written in the book. In this case, since they seem to agree, I don't know what you are all ablather about--don't care, either. You can listen to whoever you want to--and live with the results. And continue to back bite as you want, too. I certainly don't see you giving up that hobby anytime soon.

Gary Kessler

*been asked and has answered*

George Norton

What has all the bickering been about anyway? Can't we be a positive force here? I resent the comment about TROLLING. By the way, has anyone won a book award lately? "A little here, a little there!" P.S. I used to troll with herring, and I'll tell ya, my fishing buddy and I caught some nice sized lake trout back in the early 90's. Sharp hooks, fenwick ultralight fishing poles, but most importantly the drag had to be perfect. That was sort of a pun but TRUE. I close with this from the proverbs: "Precious treasure remains in a wise man's dwelling, but a foolish man devours it." (Even if it is not true that Grisham sold books at first from the trunk of his automobile, it still seems to me, and possibly other writers that one has something to shoot for; to walk by faith, not sight)