HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
Closed Thread
    Jacqueline Shaw

FREE COPYEDITING AND PROOFREADING SERVICES

FREE COPYEDITING AND PROOFREADING SERVICES

I am a copyeditor/proofreader in the process of expanding my resume. I am willing to proofread or copyedit anything you are writing, including (but not limited to) menus, essays, signs, forms, and short stories.

I will return your work to you with corrections marked in Microsoft Word, tracking all changes. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you may also fax your work to me and I will fax it back, marking all changes.

All services will be provided free of charge. In exchange, I ask that you allow me to add your name and the title of your work to my resume.

Please note that I will not plagiarize your work or share your work with anyone else.

For those of you who are not already familiar with the terms, proofreading entails looking over a document for errors in structure, punctuation, grammar, spelling, and consistency; copyediting entails the same services as above, and also allows me to offer ideas regarding rewording/reconstructing your piece.

When writing please be sure to include:

* The service you are requesting
    * The type and length of the piece
    * The deadline date
    * The name of the piece (if applicable)
    * Your name
    * The name of your company (if applicable)
    * Your preferred style guide
    * Any style sheet you may have. If you are a student and you are writing an essay, please provide the essay guidelines when submitting your piece, being sure to include which style you are to use for footnotes/endnotes/bibliography (e.g. MLA, APA, Chicago).
    * Any particular requests regarding your piece

I will return your e-mail as soon as possible and will advise you if I am not able to meet your deadline.

For any inquiries or to request services, please respond to this ad or write me at the e-mail address provided below. I would also love to hear feedback from you if I have already corrected your work.

Jacqueline Shaw
    Copyeditor and Proofreader
    shawjacqueline@hotmail.com

L C

Re: FREE COPYEDITING AND PROOFREADING SERVICES

This must be a school assignment somewhere. Seriously.

Janice W-D

We used to get posts like this at the rate two a month, now it's two a week. How does this one differ from the usual posts?

It's not riddled with typos and misspelled words.
    A Goggle search turns up one hit, "Case Manager" of a community college.
    Jackie has no website and therefore no way for any of us to check her creds or contact former or current clients.

Conclusion, she's not "expanding" her resume, she's starting from scratch.

Ho-hum,business as usual.

leslee

Yeah, same old same old.

I can Suggest a company "Informatics Outsourcing" is a Worldwide Offshore Proof Reading Service Company.

Yeah, well, you're responding to a two-year-old post no one cared about to begin with. Maybe try reading the DATE.