HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Richard -

Here's the apology you want

How can you say I "won't" apologize, Catherine? I've apologized not only to you and Iris, but to the whole world in general. I know you're a distinguished person and I respect that. I didn't realize you're so sensitive. I was kidding you, that's all. I even sent you a private email explaining that I was just trying to get you to laugh.
    You remind me of the story about Winston Churchill and the Lady of Windsor, as they dined together during the war. Winston lit a cigar at the table and the Lady said, "If I was you wife, I'd put posion in your wine!"
    Churchill responded, "If I was your husband, I'd drink it."

Catherine S

Re: Here's the apology you want

But Richard, the apologies always included more insults or didn't say why you were apologizing...then, you're general apology not only calls me more names, but you go on like I was twisting your arm for real....there was no sincere apology and honestly, in my heart of hearts I think you owe Iris a simple, plain, sincere apology..."Iris, I'm sorry I called you a liar." (and you did this more than once) with a period at the end of the sentence. No "for C#$% sake" and no "you're a nag...woof..." etc., just a plain old fashioned apology. It has nothing to do with feelings, you attacked her credibility and integrity in a public forum and you dang well owe her a sincere apology for it.

I couldn't care less what names you call me or what animals you compare me to, as you seem so fond of doing...I'll just poke fun back at you because that sort of thing speaks more strongly for your character than anything I could say ever would.

Just my opinion.

C.

Catherine S

But Richard, the apologies always included more insults or didn't say why you were apologizing...then, you're general apology not only calls me more names, but you go on like I was twisting your arm for real....there was no sincere apology and honestly, in my heart of hearts I think you owe Iris a simple, plain, sincere apology..."Iris, I'm sorry I called you a liar." (and you did this more than once) with a period at the end of the sentence. No "for C#$% sake" and no "you're a nag...woof..." etc., just a plain old fashioned apology. It has nothing to do with feelings, you attacked her credibility and integrity in a public forum and you dang well owe her a sincere apology for it.

I couldn't care less what names you call me or what animals you compare me to, as you seem so fond of doing...I'll just poke fun back at you because that sort of thing speaks more strongly for your character than anything I could say ever would.

Just my opinion.

C.

Catherine S

OH look...I'm in stereo...heheheh. Hey, maybe that's why "Debbie" heard those evil laughs surrounding her ... naaaaah....methinks Debbie just hears voices, anyway.

Cat

Richard -

Iris, I am sorry I called you a liar.

Richard -

Now shut the hell up.

Catherine S

Ahhh, why did I know that was coming, eh? Talk about breeding...

Cat

Richard -

Richard's last whimper

Yes, Catherine. I was thoroughly beaten in this game of wit by Iris and Catherine. I stooped to name calling. This is an old thread now and no one will see this. Still, iris and Catherine, I love you both for opening my eyes to the truth about American literature and my place in it. I won't forget the beating you gave me, but I will also always know it was for my own good. Seriously -- and from the heart -- God bless both of you.