I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...I'm having a pretty blonde day, though...

Isn't there a movie currently being made from a PA book somewhere?? I thought I read something about it ...

Self-published authors have been successful...I won't go over the list again, but I personally worked on at least three projects with Booklocker that were later picked up by traditional publishers...every now and then there's a success story. And I have seen them get reviewed in some highly commercial venues (People Magazine, TV Guide) and seen many authors featured on national TV shows (Good Morning America, 48-Hours).

The thing is, I doubt self-publishing is ever going to get over the "image" it has because of the authors who are doing nothing to help - they don't edit, many of the books are beyond horrible, they do their own layout and design and make the books like a 4th-grader's English project...so, what can you do?? Anyone who decides to self-publish just has to be aware of the problems and find a way to work around them...it's not impossible, just challenging.

Cat