HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    a writer

religious marketing

Hi everyone, Do you know of any good books that tell how to market your book to religious media (Christian)? Do you know how receptive they are to non-religious books about a subject that is of interest to them (e.g. how to save your marriage)? Sorry for the broad question... I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

Denise Kiincy

Re: religious marketing

<http://www.anthologiesonline.com/Markets/christian_writing_market.htm>

Here's a link that might help.

a writer

Thanks, Denise... I'm not looking for a publisher or an agent but for religious channels through which I can publicize my book (for example, I love that book Publicize Your Book, which talks about more mainstream channels; is there one out there that focuses on how to market to a Christian audience?).

Denise Kiincy

Well, if you don't get the answer here, there's always Google!

Gary Kessler

I just purchased the 2004 edition of Sally E. Stuart's Christian Writers' Market Guide to try to answer that need, "a writer." Several recommended it to me.

a writer

Thanks, Gary. I'll start there.

writer bette

As Gary said, Sally Stuart's Guide is a good place to start. The agents she lists have asked to be listed. I believe some them asked for a listing because the Christian market is so hot. For instance, I met one of the listed agents, and you would just never guess from her conversation that things Christian were of interest to her. I don't say that as any sort of a put down, but just to make you aware that there's quite a range out there, so you shouldn't make assumptions.

There are some good Christian writer e-zines, too. One that I enjoy was listed in the Writer's Digest top 100 ezine list. It comes out every Wednesday, has a chat set up on Tuesdays and the editor's name is Peggy, but I'll be darned if I can think of the name of the zine. If you're interested, send me an email and I'll forward it to you the next time around, which I think will be in January.