HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Mark Verg

Re: it's the story...

Oh stop.

Seriously, Iris. Thank you. Hearing that means a lot to me, particularly coming from you. I was a little afraid I had ruffled your feathers too much a week or so ago on that thread about blogs. I appreciate your kind words.

Brady Boyd

Is anybody surprised that Karen Dionne has not apologized for the part she played in this fiasco?

Why?

Because she doesn't think she did anything wrong.

Brady

Richard Fulgham

My 2 cents. I've been a member of all the clubs mentioned above. My experience was to discover that 98% remain silent; 1% respond with sincerity; and the other 1% are insufferable snobs who enjoy putting you down. This 1% includes petty inclubs and bullies-who-stick-together. Remember, turds stick together too. I found it not worth the constant abuse to remain a member of any of the clubs except this one. The best are here, believe me. The best ones surf from club to club anyway, so you'd might as well stay here and let the others do the traveling. The bullies and inclubers are sad, pitiful, bitter people -- but fortunately they tend to gather at, ha ha, "exclusive" sites. Not many of them will pay $30 for the priviledge of abusing you, however, so I would recommend BACKSPACE over the others if you seriously need professional advice.

Brady Boyd

Awesome analysis, Richard. I've never been one to be afraid to make an ass of myself when it comes to sincere, sometimes tactless, honesty. That gets me in trouble with authority a lot, especially when I'm spilling unattractive truth. I'm annoyingly obsessive over backstabbing, or trashing of reputations, and often tend towards vigilantism (is that a word?).

Yeah, I've got a lot of crappy weaknesses, the kind that get me kicked out of overly (imho) controlled situations. And don't tell me any gossip about somebody else, because I don't keep secrets very well. Knowing my weaknesses (and these I've listed are only a smidgeon of my downfalls), I could never fit into such aforementioned places.

WritersNet, with all its own weaknesses, is the place for asses like myself, and for people who can be themselves not have to fit into a clique.

Brady

Mark Madison

When you use real names, while hiding your own Mark, it's a sign of an ethical slacker. Particularly if you do so to deride the real person's reputation.

pundit

the never ending story of a man named Brady...

WritersNet, with all its own weaknesses, is the place for asses like myself

Then why not be happy you've found a place that suits you, and move on with your life?

Backspace dissed you. We get it. You were wronged. We get it. Karen eats small children and voted Republican. We get it.

This isn't backspace. This is WN. This is your happy place. So move along.

Try to wrap your head around the fact that you are not the first person on the planet to have been wronged by some person or organization. And - this may be a stretch for you - realize that some may have been wronged in ways even more heinous than being maligned in a chatroom with a membership of only a couple hundred. Some perspective is in order: if this is the worst thing that has happened to you, you have had a charmed life.

Move along. Maybe tomorrow something even worse will happen. Maybe tomorrow somebody will cut in line in front of you at the grocery store. I'll wait with bated breath for your expose of such atrocities. Til then, move along, please.

p

Brady Boyd

Re: the never ending story of a man named Brady...

Why does it bother you if I have a kiniption, pundit? Your responses are getting as passionate as my own, don't you see?

Brady

Gary Kessler

Karen voted Republican??!!!? Oh, my.

Mark Madison

What a shocker.

Brady Boyd

Karen, please stop sending me emails. I will consider it harrassment if you do it again. Not until you have made a public apology for your actions to all those who consider themselves injured by your actions will I discuss anything privately with you. I said that already, back in August, just a few days ago, and now again today. Get a clue.

Brady