HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    patti

Re: Now I Get It...No, you don't

She's also usually in disguise under proxy.aol.com ...

Diane writes

Patti,
    I have always posted my e-mail address for exactly that reason. Not everyone who uses AOL is a problem. I had this same e-mail address visible when I posted under Diane as well as Dianewrites and all you have to do is search my posts to know my style of writing.

As far as kidding about not getting into the room, I meant the published writers room, versus the others because I pretty much stay in Literary Agents and Smoko. I believe it was Ralph, whom before I even posted, said something about the room being for published writers only. I was just kidding when I mentioned not being allowed in the room, due to the fact that I am not published. I am really sorry if my post confused anyone. That was not my intention. I am also sorry that accusations are made based on one line in a post or the ISP one uses.

Patti, I do appreciate your effort in attempting to clear it up. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Murg would think that. Thanks.

Roy Abrahams

Are we forgetting the satisfaction a certain latina would be taking if she knew of the rancor caused by her name? Let's all hold hands, smile, hug, all those good things. But for god's sake, let's not give that woman any reason to be happy on our account.

Ralph Daugherty

yeah, that kind of thing is just an innocent mistake. There's some crazy people on the net I've run across in Chandra posting over the last three years who post under multiple names, try to assume multiple personalities, and try to create havoc, as you all know from this person described. There are little tics sometimes that give them away but if talked about they smarten up and change it.

They wouldn't act identically under all the personalities, in fact in some they try to be very nice, maybe even trashing that bad so and so who is actually themself, or more often defending them, etc. Whatever, sometimes you feel like a poster is really so and so as an imposter and call their bluff. Sometimes someone makes a mistake and thinks a post has the flavor of someone else but it isn't. It happens.

Sure is nice to be able to cite someone who knows you as Diane Writes did. Impeccable credentials.

rd

patti

Was trying to help Diane understand. Roy's right. Sorry.

ahmed omar

"Do not worry about what emotions you are feeling. Direct your attention to what your body feels."

Jack Lochleighis

It is 2 am in the morning and I can't get to bed from the hilarity of this discussion. Great, really... and an education. Yes, Wonky, Xlibris surfed my bio, I guess, or my confessional posting and have given their slick pitch twice. Thanks for mentioning it.

JL

Cherie Priest

okay--because there's no way i'm reading this entire thread, i don't know if this has been mentioned yet ... so if this is old news, well, sorry.

Lightning Source is not a publisher; it is a printer--owned by the lovely folks who operate Barnes & Nobles (i believe). for a brief time, i was published by a rather disreputable small publisher who utilized LS to produce his authors' books. it's not a vanity press, and (in my subsequent legal dealings with them) i learned that they are a damned fine company in many respects.

but they do not, per se, "publish" books.