HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Bill DiMonda

RE: beginning writers

Daniel,
    Saw your message on writers net and thought I'd share something with you. After several dozen rejection slips I decided to self publish. My biggest fear - cost. I found a brand new site called e-selfpublishonline.com, that allowed me to post and market my novel and keep all the profits. It may be worth a look see for you if you are interested.
    Good Luck
    Bill

Lashanda Robinson

I understand entirely what everyone else is going through. When I first strated writing stories - they came to me in dreams. I thought this was weird, but I still worte down the ideas as they appeared. Sometimes, I can just watch this show on television and a story comes to me. I usually write about romance that circles an abusive relationship of some sort. I try to keep my writing realistic. Recently, I've started righting poetry. However, what I want mostly in life is to become published and have people read my works and actually enjoy it. How can I go about this task? Please help me.

Bette Yip

Hello all! This is my first email to the board. I'm wondering if anyone here has had much experience getting children's picture books published. My MS is finally as good as I can get it without the advice of someone entirely new to it, and I've just sent it in for a copyright. Most of the research I've done indicates that this market is nearly impossible for new writers to break into, but being as stubborn as I am, I'm going to give it a try. It has been a little tough digging up addresses for agents who represent children's books, and I've only found a few publishers who handle children's books and accept submissions directly from authors. I've been impressed by some of the advice I've seen on this message board, and would love to hear from you.

DD Jackson

TERRI, GET THE UPDATED VERSION OF THE 1997 WRITER'S MARKET FROM BARNES AND NOBLES, IT IS LOADED WITH PUBLISHERS AND LITERARY AGENTS. SECOND O F ALL, FIND A BOOK IN THE LIBARY THAT COMES CLOSE TO YOUR TOPIC, AND LOOK INSIDE THEIR BOOK TO FIND THEIR PUBLISHER. READ GET THE NOVEL WRITTEN BY DONNA LEVIN, AND FIND A WRITER YOU REALLY LIKE AND READ,READ,READ.
    WRITE EVERY DAY. YOU ARE NOT A BEGINNING WRITER, AS LONG AS YOU WRITE, YOU ARE A WRITER, AND DONT HESITATE TO TAKE A CREATIVE WRITING CLASS, AND LEARN AS MUCH AS YOU CAN IN ENGLISH CLASS, THE TEACHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU POINTERS ON ENGLISH, GRAMMER AND WRITING.