HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: start here!

Donita Barlow

start here!

This is Donita Barlow again. I completely forgot to leave my Email address it is mommacat@oz-omline.net sorry!

Ben Holsinger

start here!

I need some help writing a paper about writers. Mostly fiction. What I need to know is how much one gets payed, how to start, where one would work, how much one would work, etc. If you have any ideas about how to help write to me at hoeslinger_88@yahoo.com Thank you.

Wanda Larrier

start here!

I am a writer and a college prof. You notice which one I put first. Right now, I am working on an e-zine because teaching creative writing helps me to write. Mostly, as junior faculty, I teach developmental writing. That does not help me to create! I do meet interesting people. I guess I want to ask if anyone thinks we need another writers' resource site. You can visit and tell me to go away or whatever. http://chelshocked.tripod.com/ezine0001/index.html I have published some. I am a SF writer. Or as they say now, Sci Fi. Actually, it is more dark fantasy (no elves--please). I have been out of the loop for a while and I am trying to get back in.

Jeremy Slater

start here!

I am currently two-thirds of the way through a fantasy novel that I am confident will become "the next Harry Potter". When completed, it will be the first in a series of novels which will hopefully delight adults as much as their children, and I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to make sure that your novel reaches a truly global audience? When your dreams are as large-scale (and admittedly unrealistic) as mine, is it worthwhile to even submit your work to smaller publishing houses, or should they be viewed a last resort? Also, is it a good idea to try to establish channels of communication with agents at such an early stage, or is it wiser to wait until the manuscript is completely finished? If any aspiring authors or enterprising agents out there have any advice for a hopeful writer with delusions of granduer, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Laurie Anthony

RE: start here!

You really just have to do your homework! Learning about publishing takes time and I started by going to all the resources I could find online. The more you read, the more you know, and it just keeps building. Also, read books on publishing, including self-publishing, if you are interested in that. I self-published my book, Have a Great One! A Homeless Man's Story, and the sales have been slow but constant. Go to my article on self-publishing at http://www.cunepress.com and click on Cune Magazine and click on "News". My article, "When You Have a Passion ... A Reason to Self-Publish" may help you! Good Luck!
    Laurie Anthony
    Another Way to Help the Homeless
    http://lantlant.tripod.com/

Joshua Whipps

You may be talented, but here's a couple tips... the correct way to say it would be this - "... that I have written" , and you spelled disappointed wrong
    Just a couple of tips...

Joshua Whipps

Hey there. I'm the editor for a website that publishes scifi and fantasy online. If you're interested, let me know, and we'll see about those script ideas also!
    Joshua

Bill DiMonda

Try e-selfpublishonline.com It's a new sight that allows you to self publish and keep all the profits. I have just placed my first book online and it is doing very well. Good Luck
    Bill