HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
    Jim Marks

US Market Information/Research

I'm currently in the process of adding a new page to my site with links to other authors who've written novels similar to mine, "Shadow of the Serpent: A Coyote Moon Story". After all, links are what makes the web go 'round! I'll include the name of your page and 2-3 sentences of description (you provide it), and you do the same for me. Doesn't matter if you're mass market, small press or self-published. However, it must be fiction and relate to at least 3 of the following subject areas: 1)historical 2)prehistorical 3)adventure 4)fantasy 5)spiritual 6)Native American 7)philosophical 8)ancient civilizations. If you'd like to visit my page it's at: http://www.nxi.com/WWW/joseph/webrings.html Or, you can send e-mail to: coyomoon@nxi.com

Carol Jose

Catherine: I would think the ABA, the American Booksellers Association, would collect that kind of data... Also, Publisher's Weekly...they probably both have websites...

Troy Lambert

I would also guess that Amazon.com would have some information on who buys what, and might be willing to share that information with you. That would tell you more about who buys online than who just buys books in general.

David M. Somerfleck

I'm trying to find international directories or resources for literary magazines around the world, that are on-line. Please let me know if you can help in any way. I can be contacted at dms2000@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Robert Vlad

I'm trying to find out any information about the novel, "Lord of the Flies," & its author William Golding. If you have any information please e-mail mean ASAP. My e-mail address is: bobbud@juno.com This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT & I need information quickly.

Mike Peri

Try the 1998 Writers Market. It has hundreds of publishing companies listed along with submission requirements, what market they represent (Ex: Romance, Poetry, Contemporary, etc. . .). It also has the addresses and contacts for the companies. It's a extremely helpful book!

Henry S. Trout

Where can I find a screenplay writer's agent htruth@hotmail.com

Markuene Sumler

Try Prima's Writer's Guide to Producers and Screenwriter's Agents. It basically is the screenwriting counterpart to Herman's guide to publishers and agents for aspiring authors. Both are published by Prima. Also, writers.net has a category for agents called scripts. Just browse the listing of agents by category and select Scripts (near the bottom). There are a few there. Enough to get you started.