HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Welll...?

Karen Duvall

Welll...?

Beat me with a stick and take away my credit cards, but I just couldn't help myself. No, I'm not yet published. . . . sorry KEH. I have no idea why other authors (other than yourself) are not responding to this discussion. Possibly because no one's suggested a "specific" topic? I would think published authors might prefer discussing subjects like writer's block, or what publisers have recently been sold to who (the sale of Putnam Berkley for example), or perhaps the frustrations of balancing deadlines with everyday life. I'm not yet published, though I have an agent and recently completed my second novel. But I'm interested in all the subjects I just mentioned -- and several more if I thought about it. Sorry to squeeze in where I don't belong, but I have a tendency toward tenacity. -- KD

Charla Chin

Welll...?

Hey there. I'm published and write as Charlotte McPherren. I really found this area accidentally. Can you tell me more about it?

Sally Bee Brown

Welll...?

Hi KEH--Yes, I'm published, although just in magazine and newspaper articles. All personal essays. Have written a contemporary romance, but it is still in the editing stage. Am also researching a potential second non-fiction book.

Andrée Laurier

Welll...?

Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Navidades, Weinachten, Solstice, etc. There are few of us here. Best wishes from Montreal. Most of all, some time to write... Or am I talking to myself, here...

James Macdonald

Welll...?

I'm published. This discussion area seems to be picking up a little steam, but it's still pretty slow. As more and more people learn about it I'm sure it'll pick up. ]Jim

Debra Di Blasi

Welll...?

Just dropping by on my way to someplace else. A real place, not virtual. This forum seems to need a jump start, so... Q: I am a published writer with a primary focus in experimental fiction (although I have also published more conventional literary fiction). I'm looking for respectable publishing venues (e.g., literary magazines, new periodicals) whose primary intrest is also experimental fiction. "Trafika" out of Czechoslovakia is a good one, for example. My definition of experimental would include writers such as Alain Robbe-Grillet, Walter Abish, Kathy Acker, John Hawkes--any writer who has pursued or is exploring some aspect of language itself, such as structure and/or rhythm, in conjunction with storytelling. Any suggestions?

Kimberly Metz

Welll...?

Hello. I'm a published writer establishing a freelance writing business (so I can do what I love -- write -- and still make a living). So far this work is press releases, business writing, ad copy, but I also write short stories. I'd be happy to hear from and share ideas with any freelancer -- or any writer, for that matter. It's lonely here in South Dakota for writers. Happy New Year, everyone!

JC Loose

Welll...?

I am a published writer, barely. Poetry and a couple of short stories. Trying to get a novel published, just bouncing around looking for agents. Have written three, pushed the first one until I got tired, need to start pushing again. It's very busy out there. Maybe this group will pick up soon.

Karen Malley

Welll...?

I'm not telling whether I'm published or not...but I will say, at the risk of sounding like the edgy non-published writer that I may or may not be, that I don't like this snooty distinction between published and not-published. What's the point? I am interested in the particulars of people's writing lives. What, where, when, why, how they write. The more specific the better. Show, don't tell, as the editors say.

James Macdonald

Welll...?

What's the point of differentiating between all writers and published writers? Well, what's the difference between all military personnel and combat veterans? ]Me, I write for two hours or five pages a day, whichever feels better, unless I'm on deadline, in which case I get to around sixteen pages per day. ]How about you, Karen? ]Jim