For some reason I cannot log into the query critique group so I am posting here.

Any an all feedback is appreciated!

Dear Dream Agent:

In 1989 I was a teenager dying a preventable death. Before driverís licenses and debutante balls there were life-altering diagnoses and a liver gone mad. While trying not to succumb to illnesses that felt an ocean wide and a soul deep, I faced the unimaginable: my life hinged on someone elseís death and the generosity of their grieving family. TOO SOON FOR FLOWERS, a memoir in essays, examines how I managed a body at odds with itself before going on to become an award-winning CNN TV producer and controversial writer.

Allow me to digress. When I was 15, I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis, a liver disease which robbed me of my girlish naivety. At 22, I underwent my first liver transplant in the hopes that I wouldnít become the sister and daughter who never aged beyond her most recent photograph. By 24, I was living with a portion of my large intestine hanging on the outside of my body after developing ulcerative colitis, a disease of the colon. Two years later my intestine was removed. These two early diseases then begat a determined third: Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis. PSC, a liver disease, prompted a second transplant, forcing me to once again confront my mortality. I was 28.

Additionally, TOO SOON FOR FLOWERS reveals how my family coped with my illnesses: why my mother languished beautifully in denial, how my two sisters helped me repeatedly save myself and found their voices in the process and why my father, wracked with guilt, hid in Nieman Marcus when I needed him most. By turns melancholy and hopefulóit also reflects on the beauty, controversies and disadvantages of organ donation. Could my life redeem the loss of two donors? And how would I survive the achingly long wait for an organ donor? Moreover, what happens when your mortality and sex life intersect? A granular narrative, it also furthers the discussion on the intersection of race, gender and class in Americaís healthcare system.

Recently I was a contributing writer for The Huffington Post. Iím also a Peabody and Dupont award-winning former CNN TV producer. My writing has appeared in The New York Times, Newsweek, The Guardian, CNN, The Washington Postís ROOT Magazine, The Atlantan, The Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Menís Book among others. Because of my lengthy media career, I have both an impressive social media following and an impressive list of high-profile contacts, which could help in the promotion of my memoir. Additionally, in the summer, Iíll begin pursuing my MFA in Creative Writing at the University of Georgia. I have included two essays. May I forward my proposal for your kind review?
I look forward to your thoughts!