HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

I just finished reading Neil Gaiman's novel, The Ocean at the End of the Lane. It wasn't straight horror, though it definitely has supernatural and horror elements. I'll give it 3 and a 1/2 stars, which is what I gave the last Stephen King book I read. I picked up a book of Gaiman's short stories today, and King's End of Watch.

Rogue Mutt
    I read that book. It was pretty good. Not really a stretch from previous Gaiman books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    I read that book. It was pretty good. Not really a stretch from previous Gaiman books.
    I'm having a difficult time with his short stories book. Switched to the Stephen King. I'd like to read American Gods, but our library sucks, and I'm too cheap to buy it, lol.

Rogue Mutt
    I haven't read his short stories. I really liked American Gods and Good Omens, a book he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett. Coraline and Stardust were good. Didn't enjoy Anansi Boys and Neverwhere as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mutt View Post
    I haven't read his short stories. I really liked American Gods and Good Omens, a book he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett. Coraline and Stardust were good. Didn't enjoy Anansi Boys and Neverwhere as much.
    Thanks, Mutt. I'll keep that in mind when I finish the two books I'm reading. I'll probably work my way through all his books in a few months.

Rogue Mutt
    I haven't read much of his Sandman series, though I did read the ones based on The Tempest that won a Hugo Award or something. The funny part was after it won they changed the rules so a graphic novel couldn't win the prize in that category again.