HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Met A Fan

Met A Fan

Over this past weekend I met a fan for the first time. Now, in this case I define a "fan" as someone who knew my first through my work, loved it, and THEN met me. Many of my friends and family members have read my works and loved it, but this woman was my first actual fan.

While it was a great experience, I was extremely awkward around her. I've never met a fan in person before, and it's quite different than meeting them over the internet. She picked up on some of the more subtle themes in my novel too, which was cool.

Anyway, just wanted to share the experience. Anyone else met a fan in person recently?

Rogue Mutt
    I wouldn't want to meet my fans.

Why not?

Rogue Mutt
    They'd have to be freaks to read my books.

You're not a freak to write it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Over this past weekend I met a fan for the first time. Now, in this case I define a "fan" as someone who knew my first through my work, loved it, and THEN met me. Many of my friends and family members have read my works and loved it, but this woman was my first actual fan.

While it was a great experience, I was extremely awkward around her. I've never met a fan in person before, and it's quite different than meeting them over the internet. She picked up on some of the more subtle themes in my novel too, which was cool.

Anyway, just wanted to share the experience. Anyone else met a fan in person recently?
    That's great Did she ask for a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by cg admin View Post
    That's great Did she ask for a signature?
    She did, and I signed her book for her. We talked for a bit about why the fantasy genre is great.

Oh that's nice! I bet it makes you want to write more