HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FanFic...?

FanFic...?

This is my first post back on this site for some time.
    Since my first/last posts, I started writing StarWars FanFic as an avenue for some MUCH needed 'honing of skills'... and posting my work on a fanfiction-dedicated site. I've gotten some positive feedback there, and LOTS of views (over 1k in Jan'16 alone) but real critiques have been few.
    My first fledgling-writing efforts received pretty harsh (but fair!) feedback here, which is needed for any talent to grow. Now, I'd like that same harsh/fair criticism be applied to my recent efforts, to help further my progression as a writer.
    I don't see anything about NOT posting FF works here, but I'd like to know if it is somehow 'taboo' before I waste anyone's time, or the server space.
    So... if FF isn't too far out of forum, I would appreciate the feedback (and, hopefully a chance to show that my writing skills HAVE improved... somewhat hehe)

Rogue Mutt
    I'm not sure on the legalities; I wouldn't care if you post a fanfic. You could read the Terms of Service if you want or maybe the moderator can tell you. I wrote a Star Wars fanfic 21 years ago. You can read it online here.

Thanks. I like the first chap, saved the link to finish later!

as for my own... i plan on posting a general disclaimer (I do NOT own StarWars, all content is OC) at the head of each post. I didnt see anything in the ToS that should cause problems either.

I'm thinking of posting the syn & prologue for starters. Should I post it here on THIS thread, or would another thread be more appropriate?

Rogue Mutt
    Post it in writing critique. Make sure to put an extra space between paragraphs so it doesn't run together.