HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

How can I have my villain get away with this crime in court?

Basically for my story, the MC is a cop, who wants revenge on the villain who rapes him, and he uses his police resources to get the revenge.

However, this is where it gets tricky. There is no physical evidence of a rape per say, cause I can have the rapist either get rid of it, or I can have the cop wash himself off out of just wanting to, after what happened. But this could make the cop look stupid, as cop's know you need physical evidence to put the suspect away, and you should not just wash it all off.

I want it to be the cop's word against the rapist, and the rapist, just convinces the prosecution, that her word is possibly true, and there is not enough evidence.

But usually in a criminal case, the prosecutor will always believe the cop, to the point where it's practically a slam dunk, as the legal term goes, or so I hear.

Is their a way for the rapist to get the prosecution on her side? To the point where not only will the charges be dropped, but I also do not want the judge giving any warrants to survey her or wire tape her either. Cause I want the MC to feel completely hopeless like she actually got away with it.

Is their anything I can do to write it that way, where even though there is not enough to charge her perhaps, I don't want her being heavily investigated either, cause I want her to commit future crimes, without them on their radar, if possible.

What do you think?
    Last edited by ironpony; 01-28-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    Basically..., the MC is a cop, who wants revenge on the villain who rapes him....

...and the rapist, just convinces the prosecution, that her word is possibly true....
    Huh? The rape victim is male, and the rapist is female?

Yes.

Rogue Mutt
    Most people don't believe a man can be raped by a woman so it's pretty easy to get away with it. I think it was Disclosure by Michael Crichton that had a woman raping a man and then there was a movie version of it with Demi Moore and Michael Douglas.

I saw the movie Disclosure but have not read the book.

In my story, the cop is actually taken hostage and tied up, so the suspect will have to make the prosecutor not believe this as well, especially since the cop was not able to answer his phone for a few hours, which might make the prosecutor believe the cop more? Plus their might be bruises or rope marks and the suspect still has to get off.
    Last edited by ironpony; 01-29-2016 at 06:44 AM.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    I saw the movie Disclosure but have not read the book.

In my story, the cop is actually taken hostage and tied up, so the suspect will have to make the prosecutor not believe this as well, especially since the cop was not able to answer his phone for a few hours, which might make the prosecutor believe the cop more? Plus their might be bruises or rope marks and the suspect still has to get off.
    Your criminal would have to be masked and not leave any hair, fingerprints, or DNA evidence at the crime scene. Unless your cop has a history of mental illness or drinking, it's not a plausible scenario.