HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Candy View Post
    So the villain specifically wants to attack the officer?

No, a police officer would not break down a door if he thought someone just went into the kitchen, but that's Jay's point. Jay is suggesting what I suggested: that the villain doesn't attack the officer at all, and instead simply sneaks out. The thing about the lights is that the villain can make it appear he's still moving about in the house, by turning on, say, the kitchen light and then turning it off again so it looks like he just got a drink or something. Leaving the TV on will make it look like he's watching television, etc.
    Why is the villain doing this though? I do not understand the point, since the goal is to lure the officer in the house.

As far as posting a full synopsis, I haven't come up with one yet, and still working out a lot of it.

Alright, let's start over. I decided to make the villain a female now, so their is no confusion. Basically the female villain is being watched by a cop, because some men are coming to kill her, the police believe, but the police do not have enough legal reason to give her police protection. They can just watch her right now. And whatever method she uses to make this happen, she has to make it all look good in court, for when she is to get away with the crime later, like there was no wrong doing on her part, and that the cop is lying about the rape, and she has to get the other cop out of the picture, in a way that looks accidental, and not deliberate.

She also has get the other cop out of the way that makes it look accidental and not deliberate?
    She wants to rape the main character, who is a cop, but that cop cannot be assigned her, cause it would be too much of a coincidence, that the cop she is targeting, just so happens to be the one who is assigned to watch her.

So she has to manipulate the situation to her advantage. She has to get that current cop out who is watching her, of the picture, and get the other cop, who she already knows from a past situation, to watch her instead, and even be with her inside a place so she can take him hostage, and have a whole plan in place, for it to work.

What is the best way for her to get Cop B, out of the way, and get the main character cop to watch her instead, where the MC cop has to be alone, cause the superior officers are frustrated with her and no one else will watch her for the next few hours?
    Last edited by ironpony; 01-30-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Sorry this site will not allow me to post a longer post for some reason so I have to start a new post.

I was going to say, in her plan, she also has to get away with it later in court. She has to make it look like there is no proof of a rape to be charged, and she has to get Cop B, out of the way, in way that looks accidental or legitimate, and not deliberate, so she can get away with the crime later.

I'm sorry, I really can't help you anymore. This story has a lot of confusing twists that just don't really make sense to me. I'm sure you can make it work if you think hard on it and are not afraid to change a few plot twists. My story used to be confusing even to me, so I changed and fixed it until it's now both interesting and convincing.
    "Don't try to control the reader, just help them along." -- my mom

Okay thanks. I am still mapping a lot of it out, and things can be changed. Perhaps I can start with a new approach. If a person wanted to get police protection but wanted a certain cop to be one of the shifts, is there a way to manipulate that into happening at all?