HomeWritersLiterary AgentsEditorsPublishersResourcesDiscussion
Forum Login | Join the discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    He is working with the police who are protecting him, but the police get frustrated after he attacks on of the officers in a misunderstanding. So they are not quick to send someone else to watch him right away, because they are frustrated with him, and the superior officer in charge feels that the police have better things to do than to watch this guy all night, who has been causing problems.

Also, yes the cop is not knocked out for long. He would wake up soon, but afterwards he does not feel like watching him for the night and wants to go home and tend to his injury, rather than protecting the person who attacked him.

If the villain breaks down his own back door though, the cop might not enter the house based on that misunderstanding compared to a power outage, unless he can hear the back door being broken, from where he is, even though he is further away, in a car?

Ah, so the villain wants to go somewhere after all this happens, not during. Is that correct? If so, maybe he can just sneak out of the house. If the police already know he's a pain to deal with, they wouldn't necessarily be suspicious if he claimed he "just wanted a drink and didn't think the officer would let him go to the pub" or some other excuse a troublemaker might have. You might be able to avoid the whole power outage/knocking out issue altogether.
    "Don't try to control the reader, just help them along." -- my mom

Let me get this straight: A bad guy cold-cocks a cop. The cop comes to and "goes home to tend to his injury"?

I'm not in law enforcement, nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm thinking this cop would have been on his radio, hollering for back-up. Just sayin'.

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by jayce View Post
    Let me get this straight: A bad guy cold-cocks a cop. The cop comes to and "goes home to tend to his injury"?

I'm not in law enforcement, nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but I'm thinking this cop would have been on his radio, hollering for back-up. Just sayin'.
    I'm starting to think there is no story and ironpony is just making **** up.

So the cop is sitting in his car watching? Good. Let the protaqgonist walk out the back door and keep the house between him and the car. You can buy LED light bulbs that you can control from your phone, so he can switch a light on now and then, here and there, to give the impression he went upstairs, or into the kitchen, and do that from wherever he is.

Problem solved.

The cop will not enter the house to be attacked though, like the villain wants, if all the villain does is give the impression that he went into the kitchen. The villain has to actually fake a break in, or something like that, wouldn't he?

Also, yes the cop calls for back up, but by the time they come, the villain can already attack the cop, and make it look like a misunderstanding, and then explain it to back up when they arrive. Is their a problem there?

Rogue Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    The cop will not enter the house to be attacked though, like the villain wants, if all the villain does is give the impression that he went into the kitchen. The villain has to actually fake a break in, or something like that, wouldn't he?

Also, yes the cop calls for back up, but by the time they come, the villain can already attack the cop, and make it look like a misunderstanding, and then explain it to back up when they arrive. Is their a problem there?
    That backup must be slow if the villain has time to knock out the cop, tie him up, and rape him. Especially since women take a lot longer pleasuring themselves than men.

BTW, if you're actually writing a script, you need to learn the difference between their/there/they're. You misuse their for there constantly.

This is not the same scenario. The rape is later on in the story. Sorry for the spelling errors. I will try to watch that more on here.

So the villain specifically wants to attack the officer?

No, a police officer would not break down a door if he thought someone just went into the kitchen, but that's Jay's point. Jay is suggesting what I suggested: that the villain doesn't attack the officer at all, and instead simply sneaks out. The thing about the lights is that the villain can make it appear he's still moving about in the house, by turning on, say, the kitchen light and then turning it off again so it looks like he just got a drink or something. Leaving the TV on will make it look like he's watching television, etc.
    "Don't try to control the reader, just help them along." -- my mom

Rogue Mutt
    This is not the same scenario. The rape is later on in the story. Sorry for the spelling errors. I will try to watch that more on here.
    Maybe you should post a full synopsis so people actually know what the heck is going on.